Please revert the Organ Gun changes

I think you should heavily consider removing the minimum range of Organ Guns. They’re really weak up close, so I think that would help them considerably.

No. Portoguese got so many buffs lately, and their UU was broken at any map and no counter to them. They don’t need any buff at all.

2 Likes

That’s cool, now compare low PA units.

You can have UUs that are strong because they slaughter low PA units. The ranking is not only about ‘who can kill Paladins’. The problem with Organ Guns is currently that they don’t work as per the intended design.

IMO, for the unit to be effective against groups of units, the bullets should have a wider cone of spread. Right now, the bullets ironically enough fire in an even narrower cone, so most of the other bullets don’t hit other units closeby.

1 Like

Yes this doesn’t make sense. OG would need more spread not less.

1 Like

Does someone have a super high res model of the organ gun to measure the angle between the barrels ?

The uu was op, because there was no counter in castle age since they could deal heavy dmg to mangonel and knights and buildings. We don’t want that back.but we also don’t want a useless UU.

BTW. Janissary can do everything old organ gun could expect shredding building with +1 range instead and food cost. Should look into this too imo.

I would say new organ gun is contender for worst imperial age uu atm. Someone got to be the worst

If you want to buff OG then you should nerf Portuguese on other aspects. The civ is super solid and they didn’t even need a buff in the first place.

They could do more, since they also could be converted by monks without Redemption!

1 Like

And have to be healed rather than repaired.

They cost food and is countered by skirmisher (at least on theory). OG costing wood and not being countered by ranged units, not even mangonel tbh, was a huge advantage. Only monks with redemption used to be a thread among ranged units in Castle Age.

2 Likes

Organ guns now do lots of damage early castle age before armor upgrades. But they become really bad later on. I would make them do 1 more dmg elite and 0% accuracy and spread rate +200%, so they would spray their dmg. couse now the do only dmg to 1 unit…

Make them affected by chemistry