Please tell us how much is Japanese shipment experience penalty?

I find Japan has a shipment experience penalty,but it does not like other civ like India.
For India its shipment experience penalty is 3001.15^(n-1)(1+9%),but it is not right for Japan.
I find a formula 300*(1.15+0.1234%)^(n-1)(1+0.1234%),but it is not equal to what I test.
Then I have a formula 300
(1.15+0.004),but it may not accurate.
So,who can tell me what is the right shipment experience penalty formula for Japan?

1 Like

Sorry, third formula should be 300*(1.15+0.079)^(n-1).

If I’m not mistaken, Japan does not have a shipment penalty.

2 Likes

The shipments that can be sent twice are worth less resources.

1 Like

There is no xp nerf directly do you mean shipment value generally being less ie 600res crate 2x instead of 700 and 600 crate?

Japan has hcshipmentmodifier but the difference is very small. Here I leave you all the civs that have this feature in the code (civs.xml), without considering those that are campaign ones. For reference, all other civs have a number of “1” (by default), and if the Spanish receive shipments sooner it is because they have a hcshipmentmodifier number less than 1 (they need less experience to get a shipment), and if the Germans receive shipments slower it is because they have a hcshipmentmodifier number greater than 1 (they need more experience to get a shipment), etc.

You can read more about this here Experience | Age of Empires Series Wiki | Fandom

<name>Spanish</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>0.74</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>Germans</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.10</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>Japanese</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.001234</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>Indians</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.090</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>DEHausa</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.080</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>DEItalians</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.07</hcshipmentmodifier>

<name>DEMaltese</name>
<hcshipmentmodifier>1.010</hcshipmentmodifier>
2 Likes

Yeah we know how it works
Odd its actually in the game files
At that exp rate its literally worth like 1xp point so unsure why its there. Its certainly not noted jn any patch notes or changes i think

Wut? Dang, there is actually a Japanese penalty. Only 1/10th of a percent, but there is one.

2 Likes

No, it’s not true.In my test,for 1st,2nd and 3rd there is no difference with other civ. But 5,6,13,19,29,42,62,86,102,114 for 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13th shipment.So I say 0.1234% is not right for Japan.

Ok, following your comment I took a better look at the Japanese civilization and noticed that it has more modifiers, which only Japan and some campaign civs have, but I’m not sure how to interpret them correctly:

<name>Japanese</name>
(...)
    <bountymodifier>0.25</bountymodifier>
    <hcshipmentmodifier>1.001234</hcshipmentmodifier>
    <hcshipmentgrowthmodifier>0.001234</hcshipmentgrowthmodifier>
    <hcmaxshipmentmaxgrowthmodifier>10</hcmaxshipmentmaxgrowthmodifier>
(...)
2 Likes

compared to the actual shipment total needed, you are not really going to see an impact in a regular game

this seems like some weird background stuff that doesn’t make realistic difference. 5, 6 xp out of 100s isn’t exactly a meaningful number in a real game. or 114 out of 1000s

im curious why it is in though given there is no offical explanation i am aware of

If u send shipments 13 times,it is up to 478,in 3v3 or 4v4 it is a significant impact.

please type the 478 next to amount of cumulative xp for 13 shipments

this a statistically insignificant but absolutely bizarre decimal place nerf. wtf

1 Like

Then it will be 5,11,24,43,72,114,176,262,364,478,just add them up.

But in my test it is 5,11,24,43,72,114,176,262,364,478,for 4 to 13 shipments.May not serious in 1v1,but is a significant impact in 3v3 and 4v4

the point is 478 cumulative xp nerf, in a team game, assuming you didnt already mess up, should come in seconds of a full eco backed by fighting. and is again, .1% xp nerf is basically nothing. 478 out of what 10,00s of xp or w.e 13 is? its not really anything

Its a random af nerf, undocumented, but has not been an issue in a single game i have heard of. 478 xp is like 2 double batches of ashi. not really an issue for japan to have done at this point of the game. I’m just curious why it even exists now

assuming i know how to use a sum function (and its been over a decade since i completed calculus class)

12152 XP (total cumulative) for regular civ to get their 14th shipment

12265 for japan to get their 14th shipment.

This assumes 2 things -

1. that i remotely have any idea what im doing and

2. the multiplier is additive and not multiplicative

I believe 478 xp is a miscalculation due to a mixup of % and decimal places.

1 Like

end of day
nothing the old bad manner motaru pop up your opponents rear (base) doesn’t solve to make up difference as you raze everything in seconds :stuck_out_tongue:

Still tho i am now curious.
whyyyyyyy

4 Likes

because its 1234 i feel like it was a troll by someone at some point that got missed by the rest of the dev team

2 Likes