Plz fix this downgrade in quality of life .cntrl+ icon . It really make us to hate game

First issue

1. In aoe3 tad , when u press cntrl key and while pressing it , u click on any banner it will select group of that units type nearby instead of one unit . Which will be selected of u click the icon without pressing cntrl .

For example if u click idle villi banner or , click idle number icon near villigers count , while pressing cntrl , It used to select a group of nearby idle villiagers instead of a single idle villiagers .
Similarly if u click wood choping villigers icon while pressing cntrl , it will select a group of nearby wood choping villigers .

These features used to make managing economy so easy .

This feature is removed in aoe3 de , which is just so unpleasant .

Second issue
2. In aoe3 tad when u select a group of different units . And u click on icon of a perticular unit while pressing cntrl , it would deselect all units but that type of units .

And if u click on a perticular unit icon from selection group while pressing alt , I would deselect the units of that type while keep selecting rest of units type .

The cntrl+click feature is still there in aoe3 de , but alt+ click feature is removed . Making its harder to micro units .

Third issue

1. In aoe3 tad , there were some ui that had idle military number written in a icon . If u could click them with cntrl it would select a group of idle military . Please add this on aoe3 de .
5 Likes

what alt+ click is supossed to do?

1. In aoe3 tad , there were some ui that had idle military number written in a icon . If u could click them with cntrl it would select a group of idle military . Please add this on aoe3 de .

i never saw that, do you have an image?

Blockquote

For example if u click idle villi banner or , click idle number icon near villigers count , while pressing cntrl , It used to select a group of nearby idle villiagers instead of a single idle villiagers .
Similarly if u click wood choping villigers icon while pressing cntrl , it will select a group of nearby wood choping villigers .

you have to use default ID for now, and instead of control use shift, unless you invert shift and control on menu i think

1. In aoe3 tad when u select a group of different units . And u click on icon of a perticular unit while pressing cntrl , it would deselect all units but that type of units .

use shift to deselect, shift then click on tunits and they are deselected

Nopes shift don’t work either

1 Like

you have to click on the transparent tab that shows the 50 seleted units

What ?? Didn’t get you ?

on this transparent window
click ctrl + click on unit to only select that
shift + click to eliminate a soldier from all your selection

you can do it on the map too

be sure you use default IU, another ones ive not tested

Tu for this . What about ctrl and click on idle villi to select all/group of idle villi ?

i use that hotkey

or i press shift and then on image the number 3 or the flag of idle villager that appear on left upper corner

Can u translate it in English please ??? The key name for which u have assigned caplock

1 Like

I was asking , to traslate the key phrase for which u assigned the key capslock

fin all idle villagers (alternate)

Well that doesn’t solve the problem , u could group select wood villigers , gold villiagers , by shift pressing and click on wood or gold villiagers numbers . U can’t do that with any hotkey .

1 Like

But it still select one idle villiager not a group of idle villiagers .

I tried this in all ui . But same result .

It’s so annoying .

U don’t want to goes through all idle villi individually neither u want to select every idle villiagers in whole map fromevery place and task them .

2 Likes