Poles or Bohemians?

Now DotD is Released, i ask to the comunity who civ you like more. Poles or Bohemians?

To me, Poles (20 char)

1 Like

team bonus of bohemians ar soo good. So my money on bohemian side.

1 Like

Poles on open maps, Bohemians on closed maps. In the end I like both.

3 Likes

I love Poles, but i like more bohemia than all other civs, so i vote bohemians

Poles, they are nice to play and their UU feels fun. UU from. Bohemians feels awkward and clunky, for example you will never hit moving targets with it with the main projectile.

2 Likes

Like to play as either. Don’t like to play against either.

If there are anything that doesn’t feel as great: Playing both civs often feels very tight on wood. (or is it just me?)

1 Like

I will discuss the truly important things

Shield icon: Poles
Music theme: Bohemians (very catchy)
Voicelines: Poles (specially the monk ones)
Unic unit coolness: draw
Castle cuteness: Bohemians

So I cant decide.

2 Likes

theme of bohemians are just a masterpiece

yep we need slavic music for poles to. not the boring church choire

3 Likes

I like the church choirs a lot too.

Like the portoguese theme, relaxing music is good after being defeated, lol

1 Like

Agree with this, Poles needs a Slavic theme with a bit of Choir

3 Likes

Age of Tunes Remix is 10 times more epic than the original

I second that. When they announced the Polish civ, I was hoping for a theme more like this:

2 Likes

I on the other hand find Polish theme one of the best. It’s majestic choir and you simply feel “I play Poles”. No redundant Slavic/paganic music, but music that sounds more christian than every AoE2 catholic civs combined. Also it feels like double as cool if you notice that bells in Polish theme resembles Kraków Cathedral ( about Kraków Cathedral bells Jadwiga tells in her campaign ).

It also resemble Bogurodzica - first Polish anthem - war song of Polish knights.

Thw lithuan remix is very cool.

I am waiting for the italian remix

1 Like

Christianity was more or less imposed on Poland to strengthen their political position and unify the people.
But being Polish myself I believe we must not forget about the Slavic origin of our country and that our history didn’t begin only with the adoption of Christianity.

That said, I understand why some people like this church-styled theme and I’m not opposed to it.
If we had multiple themes for civs playing throughout a whole game would be even better.

1 Like

For me, Poles. I currently do nothing AoE II than playing Empire Wars with Poles.
My the best experience was as Pole playing only as Poles against German playing only as Teutons.

I love everything about this civilization from weakness to their strenghts. As I said before Polish theme is totally chad. Voice actors for Poles did amazing job. Polish Wonder looks great.
But it is not like I find Bohemians worse or something, I mean they are currently top 5 arena civilization and their winrate is fine. I find Bohemian theme really catchy too.

The only downside of Poles is that their historical accuracy is not really well done in terms of tech tree - but I understand that it would make them another Franks or Teutons so it is totally fine and since current Poles are super fun for me I don’t really care.

Yeah, that is totally understood from personal preferences. I totally agree to not forget our roots, but Poles in AoE II clearly meant to resemble Polish kingdom so I find current theme more fitting. I also personally from historical perspective I’m not huge fan anything Polish pagan past, because pagan reaction almost costed Poland it’s independents.

But back to the topic typical Slavic/pagan music fits Poles really well in game like Ancestors Legacy.

1 Like

vitalis eirch have one. Sicilian theme by sge of tunes is 10 times more epic too. hear him

Also if anyone is intrested. As I said before, Polish theme has some hidden elements that mostly Poles will notice - like resemblance to Bogurodzica, Wawel Cathedral bells. The other “easter egg” that I noticed is that:

2 Likes