Polish and Magyars and Lithuanians

Magyar hussar is still much better than Polish Winged Hussar in imp. Lacking last armor is serious drawback for Hussar. They are still the best overall, and it doesn’t make much sense to allow train in stable that cheap and strong unit. Castle production is their only drawback.

Isn’t it supposed to transition to CA is difficult for them? They are probably the best HCA in the game when fully upgraded. +1attach/+1 range are better than HP/armor for ranged unit.
Also, not giving CA bonus in Castle age make them not only relying on CA all time, they can play as knight civ in Castle age and transition to HCA.
Tatars/Turks have better CA transition due to the castle age tech, Magyars CA transition is a bit slower but much strong/versatile when Fully upgraded.

Magyars are prefectly balanced. Let’s not touch anything please

1 Like

Magyar Huszar is a nice unit, but given that it requires castles to produce, it’s not that great when you take that into account in the comparison.

1 Like

The Magyars UT Corvinian Army could be like the Huns UT and make the Magyar Huszar avaiable in the stable, and keep the 10 gold cost. Would be a nice buff for them, since is a trash unit produced in a castle, which makes it very difficult mass. The keeping of the gold cost would be the “nerf” in return.

Imo they are kind of underpowered unless current open arabia changes that fact

1 Like

That might be true, but magyar Hussar also can along with Magyar HCA, and polish don’t have strongest ranged support unit like Magyar HCA.

True in wallable map, but one of the strongest civ in Super-open aggressive map like Land Madness/Atacama. Arabia change definitely help them much.

Not sure if its warranted to be top tier on arabia to not need any buff somewhere (at least in the case of other okay Arabia civs they have other very popular maps to shine but Magyars dont). I hope so though

Isn’t super open map like Atacama is popular map that shine Magyars one of the best civ? Also Land Madness /Haboob is frequently used in tournament, and Magyars probably the best civ in that setting.

Not sure if its a popular tournament map. Either way, I am talking about stuff like Arena, Four Lakes, islands or hideout.

Fair point with Land Madness.

lith used to be S tier overall. Now they received a slight nerf (more noticeable in teamgames than 1v1 anyway) but they are surely still a above 50% civ. also see some pre nerf aoestats, so lith definitely dont need a buff to offset the nerf.

Instead of powercreeping civs that are fine we should nerf strong ones to even the ground like franks.

magyars are on aoe stats pretty good when consdiering all elo and a bit below 50% for 1650 elo. generally i think the civ is ok, no buf needed. magyars are better on empire wars than rm thought, and that has become more and more relevant. we need stats for that. but i dont think magyard require a buff.

poles is a bit too ealry to judge if they need a nerf or buff, everything seems possible

No infantry civ either with not even Halberdiers to be able to somehow deal with opposing Heavy Cavalry or even Camels.
Have bad Siege due to lack of Siege Onager and Engineers, their Navy and anything besides Hussars and maybe their UU is underperforming from Late Castle Age forward.

The Poles are just okay at everything but bad at all of it at the same time. Their tech tree could be modified to be more specific and target-oriented. Their weakness is that they don’t excel at anything.

I mean, Malians have this problem too.

2 Likes

I believe so is mine. Let’s just evaluate the value of x from here

in such a way that Magyars knight line get a significant edge over enemy knight line.
Imperial Age
+2 will put them in the same level as Teutons and Lithuanians with all relics. I’d personally want to give it +3, a slight more than Teutons as you are paying for it and also not applied to infantry. Teutons can survive one more Halb hits.
Castle Age
Let’s see how +3 attack work here. 120/11 = 11. 4 hit earlier than generic and 1 hit earlier than Burgandians. Sounds a bit OP but Burgundians Cavalier will come a lot earlier than an UT that requires a castle. So I think it should be fair. And cost of the UT can always be increased. Maybe even make it costly enough that Magyars with 0 eco can’t afford it in Castle age.

I think +3 bonus attack vs cavalry and +2 vs camel (Didn’t calculate anything vs camel. Usually all the anti cavalry bonus comes with 66% anti camel bonus) will be great.

But they have a much better eco… so it’s best to stick to comparing the two units.