[Poll] Do you like current Lithuanians or prefer old one?

It is been an year since Lithuanians lost their 150 food at the start. Instead it is just 100 now and another 100 for each TC is built.

I’m personally missing the 4 minute Drush strategy. The strategy was not really strong. But I prefer having more strategic options.

I know this was done because Lithuanians were too good in all sorts of maps. But I think some other change could be done instead.

What about you guys?

• I prefer the current
  • I liked the old one more
0 voters

My suggestion always is bring back the 150 food and then remove fire ship from the tech tree.

Current Lithuanians are just in a good spot balance wise:

• Fast start.
  • Good military options.
  • A bit of a booming bonus.
  • Good UTs and a very good UU.
  • Good Team Bonus.
4 Likes

This is the only difference between old Lithuanians and current.

From a sheer balance perspective the new Lithuanians seem in a very good spot, so devs seem to have found a good adaption.

But the civ also has kind of lost a part of it’s identity as now other civs have taken that spot, mongols, khmer, dravidians, georgians…

1 Like

Huh? How they have taken the spot of Lithuanians?

yes, especially on hybrid maps the 200 W in start of feudal is basically equivalent to 150 F.
It’s only later where the free food gives an advantage over free wood. And on Hybrid maps it’s even debatable if it makes a difference at all. But at that crucial timing early feudal the build orders may differ, but the effect is similar.
Ofc you can say you don’t accept that comparison cause Dravidians have no Knights. But I was thinking more a about the very basic “taking a flexible early eco advantage and snowball this to a win” concept.

BTW: Has anyone actually noticed the new amazing boom with Lithuanians? 100 F per TC is one of the best if not even the best booming bonusses in the game right now.Yet I don’t really see it in display for some reason…

But they play out totally different. It is like your apple based diet is replaced by a new hobby of painting. Not orange, not even a diet. That’s how different it feels to me.

2 Likes