[Poll] Graphic update

The biggest issue with AoE3, is the pathfinding, which is literally worse than AoM’s, and the Attack Move does not even work.

1 Like

Game looks like the mobile fake game that uses aoe material for ads.

I never had pathfinding issues in AoM.

But it was so annoying the “default stance” option didn’t work and units would just run across the map

I wouldn’t know I don’t play mobile games :clown_face:

2 Likes

Neither do I, but the ads are everywhere on YouTube

I really like the landscape (not the water) and I like the wheat farms etcetera and bushes just everything to do with the nature.

I really dont like most of the units, I think they look too simple, not really in graphic style (although also) but more so detail. They just look so simple, the spearman has a simple pants, shirt and a pike. No flavor.

I also dont like most of the buildings. Some look cool, some look decent, but most look just bad. Dont quite know what it is, but I think also that it is quite simple some buildings.

Also hate the simplicity of the ui and gui. Those icons of the units and buildings are so blend and boring. It doesnt make me feel like playing a triple a game but really just an Indie game of which the devs dont have enough time to make nice looking buttons.

2 Likes

Look at this, so detail building
Link : https://static.ageofempires.com/aoe/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/WS_fre_royalinstitute_crop.jpg

6 Likes

Good detail bulding.

Anyone who thinks that would run on mobile doesn’t think at all

3 Likes

Don’t underestimate the power of modern mobile phones.
The minimal requirements of AoE4 are a 6 years old laptop.
Modern highend phones have incredible performance.

Most people that complain about the graphics probably don’t even have a computer as powerful as the newest iPhone.

2 Likes

How many people HAVE the newest Iphone? Most of the people I know have pretty old phones, not OLD but a few years

2 Likes

so not very powerful…

4 Likes

While I was very skeptical about AoE 4 before (mostly because of the return to the Middle Ages instead of the New Times - the Victorian Era. In the case of modern conflicts, there may be a new sub-series of Age of Empires - similar to Age of Mythology), now I find this game wonderful.

A decisive advantage is the true asymmetry of the civs, you can see it with the naked eye. Each CIV is unique and has its own architecture - which is very pleasing to the eyes. The landscapes are realistic, I like the trees the most. Only the appearance of the units is not satisfactory. I hope they will be more detailed and the ones we see will be used on lower graphics settings.

Hope to see brand new civs and campaigns soon. I think there will be plenty of graphics customization options in AoE 4 - including model detail and color customization.

2 Likes

Over 100 Million people in the first 7 months.
Probably more than the Playstation 4 in it’s entire lifetime by now.
The iPhone XS and 11 already beat the minimal requirements for AoE4 though. (Ignoring that the game is only build for Windows on x86 and the fact that they only have 4GB of memory but that might be enough without having to run Windows in the background.)

The reason why mobile games look the way the look is more because of the screen size now than because of the technical possibilities.
If you have high detailed realistic textures it’s bit hard to differentiate things on a small screen.

But I have never played any game on any smartphone, I’m not here to defend mobile games or telling that AoE4 looks like a mobile game.
I’m just here to say it’s stupid to compare PC games with mobile games nowadays. We don’t have 2010 anymore.

2 Likes

You don’t know what asymmetry is, do you? :smiley:
It has nothing to do with visual uniqueness

1 Like

A lot of people have no clue what true asymmetry would acrtually mean. It would mean civs taht cannot train any military unit until Imperial Age, or completely lack Melee units.
True asymmetry is ahistorical.

1 Like

I know what civs asymmetry is. I meant that in AoE 4, civilizations differ even in architecture.

Sorry for getting me wrong.

i guess it is used as a synonym of ‘diverse’ now, rather than similar or plain

3 Likes

Graphics are beyond terrible and the game is not worthy at all.

1 Like

I think the graphics are pretty… meh. Buildings and land terrain are fairly detailed, but everything animated lacks polish in animation and detail. Also polygon count is pretty low even for the graphic style, but this could possibly be excused if lower end computers can run it.

1 Like

And how many of those are using their phones to play games? Not that many I would bet. And then you downsize the amount even more when you ask the question, how many would play an RTS game on their phones?

Not the ram amount. Minimum is 8 GB, 4 GB, even without windows running in the background, is not enough

2 Likes