Poll: Replace Organ Gun as Portuguese Unique Unit

the organ gun is almost certainly a reuse of an asset originally intended for the Italian civilization and then simply reused for Portugal when Italy wasn’t going to make it.

tho it raises the question why we only have 1 other unique Portuguese unit, like they went with the design of a minimum of 2 unique units so where is it?

Portugal does have Caçador unit.
I do not agree on making Portugal a late game Eco civ when historically they were already on steep decline.

It seems they looked at Portugal and made the exact opposite of what it should have been.

I’m just waiting to see what the changes will be done for Portugal if any are coming eventually.
But the game is fast approaching the uninstall list.

1 Like

yes they have the casedor but what i am saying is that we would assume there would have been another 1 in work but we dont have it.

Ah I see. They probably didn’t know of any, since almost every civ uses the Caravel.

Portugal has very little exposition in mainstream media, and they just reused assets like you said instead of doing proper research.

1 Like

Funny because in less than 5 min u can find so much things that very are poorly reasearched.

Would be very awesome if the new devs could fix this. They doing good job.

I think this is the best option. In place of the organ cannons, the Portuguese hand cannon, present for the Ethiopians, could be added to the Portuguese, in place of the organ cannons.

Maybe an evolution button can turn the English longbows into Roger troops in the V era? Who knows as a last evolution?

1 Like

In 1415, Portugal became one of the strongest kingdoms in Europe, with the conquest of Ceuta, between 1499 and 1580, Portugal was the greatest power in the world (totally within the game’s timeline), and between 1580 and 1640, although having lost its economic prominence and its military power through mismanagement, and King Don Sebastião’s follies, having fallen into the Iberian Union, ruled by the Spanish kingdom, it was a separate kingdom, ruled by the Spanish king in the last resort, but it kept its nobles and its colonies, which were many, even though Portugal lost its economic prominence to Spain, and a few decades later, to England as well. Even so, Portugal continued to maintain its colonies and had an important economic power until Napoleon Bonaparte put Europe on its knees, including Portugal. Not everything happened in the US and Europe. Portugal created a gigantic country in the Americas, which is Brazil, influenced economically and with its civilization Africa, India, Southeast Asia, China and Japan. It generated military conflicts in all these places too! Keeping these rich colonies scattered all over the world was a difficult task for a country with so few people, having to defend these possessions from all Europeans who had ambitions for them, and several did. Conflicts with other Europeans occurred in several situations, and even so, even weakened, the Portuguese kept their colonies. They might have been economically decaying in the 18th and 19th centuries, but they weren’t a weak power. If so, why didn’t they lose their colonies to others?

1 Like