[Poll] Should AoE4 get Native Americans?

Yes, but that’s why I suggested this combined with making canoes quantity over quality, they are weak but after a few hundred shots they start to be more significant.

Doesn’t have to burn stuff, could be like aoe2 infantry vs walls mechanic. Also @xPizzaSamuraixD came up with the solution for inca.

ship is a stretch - they are more raft-like.
Can i have some sources about this bronze armor? Not that it helped them much when the spanish came :joy:

Because you don’t care at all about history

2 Likes

This strategy has diminishing returns, however. Unless Euroasian civs are heavily limited in their number of Ships, it get to a point in which much fewer Eurasian units, taking much less pop, will be much more effective, and there will be no counter to them.

Do not forget that units cost pop. It is not like you can outnumber your oppenents 40 to 1, in the actual game.

2 Likes

This is illogical and wrong in both histor yand physics level, we don’t need AoE4 to be fantasy like 2 or 3

1 Like

Since when has age of empires been 100% accurate, only things that have been even close to what you want are the campaigns, so if you want the game to be like that I’m guessing you want balance to be thrown out the window and be based around what were the most powerful nations at the time rather than having a fair and balanced game.

5 Likes

Since Relic said they would be shooting for historical accuracy.

4 Likes

Alright then, I guess I’ll be playing one of the OP civs that were also Op in real life, they don’t mean 100% accurate if they ment 100% accurate then English vs Delhi sultanate would have not been showed in the gameplay trailer, so no, not 100% accurate, just more accurate than before.

2 Likes

I’m not talking about just the inca rafts. I’m talking about the Chimu totora ships.
Heck, even those inca rafts can be used to fight. If that’s the problem you have with them.

Chimu had bronze armor. There is a suggestion on the age of empires 2 forum with pics.
Besides, the Spanish used bronze and steel armors in the conquest of the americas. Later they started to use cotton armor because of the hotter weather.

lol I don’t want more american civs in age of empires 2, but I don’t see enough reasons to leave aztecs and mayans out of the 4th game.
If you think that’s not “caring at all” about history 11

1 Like

Strawman
When did i tsay it was?

It has never been, but I believe they want to change that in AoE4 (it would be better too).

Yup. It will just be fair and balanced without Natives :smiley: .

They were technologically much closer than they would ever be with Natives. Stop trying to derail. We aren’t talking about Asia, we are talking about how weak natives are in comparison to everyone else.

4 Likes

very fearsome

vs.

Just find it for me, it’s your burden.

Are you a yes, if historical or yes, if beefed?

5 Likes

Exactly, never, and guess what? Age of empires has still been successful

Ok then, if you want to apply this to everything and not be biased then I guess your saying games have to happen between civs that had war in real life, correct? Or are you just biased? Also would mean you want French to be OP and unbalanced, for example, with their only bad matchup being the English.

Not being accurate in the past does not dictate inaccuracy for the future.

Games have to happen between civs who actually have similarly developed technology.

huh?

1 Like

They were still very small and would be blasted by stuff like Carracks or Junks.
No matter how one tries to balance it, there is a reason why we talk about the great maritime exploits of European and Asian peoples, not American ones.

If they actually had an advanced Naval tradition, it is likely they would have not been so far behind the Old World, as they would have crossed either the Pacific or the Atlantic, and brought home new technology, animals, plants, diseases and concepts.

6 Likes

But no, that wouldn’t be accurate because you said you wanted accuracy and the English vs the Chinese didn’t happen, biased

England kept France in check for a long time because they prevented them from uniting for a while, a United france in the early Middle Ages would have more population than most other places in Europe, therefore if you want 100% accuracy the only civ that should be allowed to win against the French should be the English.

But it does mean that either way the game will be fine even with minor inaccuracies.

There are many people who are new to the franchise or were too young when they started playing to realize that AoE has never taken itself seriously. Wololo

10 Likes

Yeah it definitely seems that way, aoe is like an alternate history, you literally have the English fighting an Indian dynasty on Black Forest ( I don’t know, the map in the trailer looked like Black Forest to me ) aoe is not history, it takes ideas from history and changes them.

4 Likes

Yes, and there’s a loud group who want to steer the game away from itself.

7 Likes

In other words, just take inca units and give them aztec and mayan skins.

No problem in adding Aztecs and Mayans.

You continue to dodge the technological inferiority part of Natives.

1 Like