[Poll] Should AoE4 get Native Americans?

Not a double standard. Nothing is black and white. Having a fast runner guy isn’t representative of actual history but that doesn’t mean the entire civ isn’t representative of Mayans at all. I learned lots of history from AOE2 while being aware that it is filled with inaccuracies. Insisting on strict accuracy is detrimental to the cause of historical study, not beneficial.

Where is the noble savagery in being able to run fast? Where is the noble savagery in having canoes that can take on carracks?

And they never got a “native council” to fix AOE3. They got Starbucks hipster Anthony Brave and a few other consultants of questionable credibility.

5 minutes, 38 seconds

3 Likes

My American civs suggestion for AoE 4:

• absolutely necessary - Aztec Empire and Inca Empire
  • worth adding - Mayans and Mississippians

Aztec Empire

Inca Empire

Mayans

Mississippians

2 Likes

Please check my post for how Nat-Am civs could realistically be implemented.

5 Likes

Land balanced yes but no water balance and probably needing some help with Siege

1 Like

Siege would be the least issue. Mantlets, Sapper Teams, Ram Teams, Burning Poisonweed Throwers/Hornet Gourd Throwers, Ladders, certain units upgrading to climb with Ropes…
There are plenty of options, really.

But yes, making them viable on Water would be extremely unrealistic.

4 Likes

These really do sound like an AoEO civ with every unit being tailor made. I love it.

1 Like

I have no idea. I only know about historical Siegecraft, and several games like Stronghold.

Like it or not Inca are coming and there’s the unassailable documentation :smiley:

France - confirmed

Russia - Confirmed

England - Confirmed
Incas - ???

3 Likes

God I hope so. I took that stuff as just AoE2 DE marketing.

1 Like

I actually interpreted it as some of the places that the team visited to do its historical research on the aoe4 civs. But perhaps those inca refer to aoe3’s inca too :smiley: dont know

Why are Mississippians absolutely necessary? They didn’t have history recorded nor stone buildings nor advanced weapons compared to Americans.

They had the exact same types of weapons as the Aztecs and the Mayans did, and contrary to the Mexica, they had diplomatic ties good enough that they actually defeated a Spanish Expedition.

4 Likes

You may be right. But they better be accurate.

Where are the rest of these post cards?

It makes sense “Elric” (Relic) visited many places around the world, just like the interview i posted further up said

Then again it seems we only have 4 postcards…

I got that stuff mailed to me. Let me visit my nerd closet and dig it out. brb

This all came fall of 2019 iirc or whenever aoe2DE was on the way. The Relic connection to Elric is unmistakable but I always took it as a red herring to build hype.

The signatures all appear to MS people I recognize — Shannon Loftis, Joe Homes, Evangelos, Jex, etc. I don’t make out Quinn or anyone else from Relic. I think it was MS in-house only.

By the way, if anyone is interested in how Native Amertican civs could be implemented in a more realistic way, so they do not have to be some kind of OP Nephilim that can tank more bullets than Plate Armoured Infantry; check my thread on the subject, and feel free to comment.

2 Likes

dam, that’s all very neat stuff to receive at your mail :smiley:
Perhaps if one knows whether it was Relic or World’s Edge that did the travels around the globe for the historical research, we would also know.
But again since it’s MSoft’s product maybe it would make more sense to get signatures just from them

Relic travelled to England or Germany or thereabouts as shown in the fan preview video.

ah yes there was a small section during the preview that was about relic. didn’t pay a lot of attention to it, too absorbed with the gameplay.
We shall see if those card postals hold truth other than being promotional material. But it’s perhaps worth to say that there’s no russian civ in aoe2. Just Slavs in general. So…

1 Like