[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

I gave them different Market, Tower rush bonuses, Assegai Spearman, trash rams… etc… I’m gonna post it later

Trash Rams would be OP, though.

i have seen you stating the fact that you are working on a post for your ideas in 3 different places.
i have to say i cannot wait to see it. your civ ideas are quite awesome.
when is it arriving? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know, to be honest. This year. Making 30-34 new civs takes a long time. Imagine making 34 unique units (+ secondary), 100+ civilization bonuses, 68 unique techs. I will post it as soon as possible

I wanted to give them a big powerspike in the lategame. They lack Light Cavalry (Scout is available, however the starting scout is replaced by a South American regional unit), Bloodlines and Plate Barding.
Capped Rams without Siege Engineers. I can increase the wood cost.

1 Like

That is why I think this game should get another 5 to 15 civs, and just stop afterwards, since it would start getting too convoluted after that.

2 Likes

Lets discuss new architecture styles.

Possible new architecture styles:

• North American: Can cover Mississippians, Iroquois and Cherokee
  • Puebloan: Can cover Pueblos only. They had a very unique architecture compared to other natives
  • Caribbean: Can cover Caribs and Tupi. How would a castle like? I found this interesting
  • Andean/South American: Can cover Incas, Chimu, Mapuche, Muisca and Waris
  • Pacific: Can cover Polynesians and Visayans.
  • South African: Can cover Zimbabweans, Kongolese and Swahili. I would give Malagasy this style
  • East African: Can cover Ethiopians, Nubians and Somalis. Malian architecture wouldn’t change
  • Caucasian: Find a better name. Can cover Byzantines, Bulgarians, Armenians, Khazars, Georgians
  • Nomad: Can cover Mongols, Huns, Uyghurs and Cumans
3 Likes

Nice list.

Puebloans will be a bit redundant if it covers just one civ that too which is too small in terms of significance. Maybe they should be adjusted into North American or Mesoamerican set.

Also Malays may share the architecture set with Visayans and Polynesians?

Personally I want to see these architecture sets the most, in order of priority (even if we don’t get any new civs for the game in future):

1. Nomad: Currently FIVE!! civs are sharing the japanese looking east asian set. this will solve this issue. Also the Persians should be moved into Central Asian Architecture set with Tatars.

2. Andean: Inti culture of Inca needs unique set separated from Mesoamerican Aztec Maya. They are far away, didn’t even have had any contacts with each other.

3. East Africans: Christian Ethiopians deserve to be separated from Malian Islamic Architecture that we have in game they are on the opposite sides of the continent. No reason for them to share.

4. Byzantine: Though not very important (because it will apply to only one major civ unless we get more civs), it will be good to see this orthodox architecture set. It has been requested since long.

2 Likes

Black sea architecture 11

2 Likes

Some of those American civs are insignificant.

Such as the Cherokee who are a subgroup within Iroquoians along with others such as Huron, Mohawk etc.

Wari(Huari) who are just a predecessor of Chimu who themselves were later absorbed into Inca.

1 Like

BTW look into some indormation about various Indian Architecture Sets for the various Indian Civs:

You may find it interesting.

Sharing just for the sake of knowledge. Am not asking to including that many architecture sets unless necessary.

1 Like

Yeah, better just use the North-Am set.

1 Like

Oasisamerican or Puebloan could also work for Chimus, Diaguitas or Hohokam.

Alternativelly, you give every civilization an unique architecture set.

Shameless plug:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1859521843&searchtext=independent+architecture+

1 Like

Wish it was true. But I don’t think it is feasible since adding weights to destruction animations must be something hard to achieve.

2 Likes

You could have Hohokam alongside too. I think though that the perfect American expansion would be something like 2 North Am which share the same architecture set, 1 Meso and 2 South Am with a new Andean architecture set the Incas would use too.

1 Like

If it would be an optional DLC, it would be something nice to have for me at least. Would require probably too much work though realistically.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone would disagree from having new Architecture Sets. So it is nice to have for everyone. :wink:

1 Like

If this is supposed to be a full list, then I strongly urge the Croats to be added as well. Yes, they’re another European civilization, but they would fill in a fairly unique niche in the Age of Empires II world.

Unlike the Serbians and Bosnians, the Croats were a predominantly Roman Catholic, latinized society, making them much more culturally distant from the original Slavs civilization, as well as the Bulgarians. The Mediterranean architecture would fit them better than the Eastern European architecture. If we’re specifically focusing on the Dutchy and Kingdom of Croatia from before the 12th Century (when they entered a union with Hungary), their tech tree would be focused on infantry, cavalry, and navy. Because they won the pivotal Battle of the Bosnian Highlands against the Bulgarians and later successfully repelled a Mongol Invasion, they could also have civ bonuses that make them stronger rather than weaker while attacking downhill (similar to the Tatar bonus, but switched around), as the hilly terrain was a major factor to their success. They could also have a second unique unit, the Kondura, which could be a naval trash unit.

Historically, medieval Croatia was culturally sandwiched between the Slavs (their ethnic and lingual origin and focus on infantry), the Magyars (because of their union with Hungary), the Italians (the Roman influence on their culture), and the Franks (they were part of the Carolingian Empire shortly before emerging a world power), not skewing strongly towards any faction. Because of this, it makes sense to have them be their own civilization.

2 Likes

You are back :slight_smile:
But well you should look this map of aoe2 DE cvs

Taken from reddit
Look at Europe, right now is literally overloaded of civs.
There’s a mod for AOC which is “Realms” that includes a lot of civs, and even they plan to include 2 more.

1 Like

Why are some Icons larger/doubled/tripled in the map?