[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

that depends. how many new civs are we adding? 5? 10?

but either way, his claim was

that Indians needed it the most.
which clearly doesn’t fall in line with what the community wants, seeing as Tibetans is #2.

2 Likes

i feel 3-4 woud be nice
though iknow the concerns with everyone
if we DON’T include Sinhalese in the indian subgroup (thus not adding it to my count)
i would add
in order from most wanted to okay if it was left out
Tamil
Rajputs
Afghans
Odyias
Bengals
i know i exceeded the limit but im okay with removing one or two that aren’t the top two

i dont understand why people want this civ so much since it is unlikely to happen
oh well

i was answering your question, maybe it was rhetorical, oops

1 Like

you misunderstand me. i’m not against adding new indian civs if we add them.
my point was, recently parthnan proclaimed himself the speaker of the community.

well here he is trying to say the community thinks the most important thing is that indians get diversified, when the evidence says otherwise.

2 Likes

What are you talking about?
When did I say that it is the most important thing?
Why are you vilifying me for no reason

No, American, African and Tebetan civs are much more needed than Indian civs at this point. India already has one, while North American has none.

Indian, so all 3 civs could have the same regional architecture.

But it also want non-Indian civs more, specially because India has at least one, already.

Because they were a great empire in the 12th century, and far more relevant to World History than a few civ we already have, and because there is a huge hole in the region.

2 Likes

this isn’t strictly true. north america includes what is referred to as central america.

2 Likes

Come on, Mesos are Mesos, not North American…

2 Likes

you said it in your post above.

right here.

you made it clear its more important then any other potential new civ.

i’m not villifying you. merely pointing out that for someone who claims to be the speaker of the community you do an awful lot of pressing your own agenda, instead of speaking for the community.

makes sense
was going for historical accuracy though

that is true, but i was pointing out that on the list that the community wants, india is there
plus, expansions can include more than one region, no need to argue what they want MOST compared to what they want MORE (example: Tamil vs Tibet or Tamil vs Australians)

i know, but if the devs like marketing just a tad more, i think we know whats going to happen

I am going to count this as an anti-native sentiment, specially when it has been dmonstrated wrong so many times, specifically to you.

2 Likes

When did I claim anything like that about myself?
Again you are clearly misrepresenting me as a narcissist and as me saying “this is THE most important thing for everyone”

Tomorrow I can also start writing about you like that

1 Like

That is something this game has never gone for, though.

Even the Caravel looks nothing like a Caravel. It is clearly a Nau (Carrack).

1 Like

one of the greatest points ever made my friend!
plus, its more logical to divide it based on LATIN america
not SOUTH america
since they had similar climates (at least from Yucatan to the Amazon)

lets see. how about when you claimed to be the speaker of the pros?
or how about here, where you claim that you speak for the pros and the common folk?

kind of true, but its like the rise of the rajas and how they changed the Vietnamese architecture
plus, Sinhalese aren’t as indian as indians

It is a fact that the Aruacans, Pueblans or the Mississipians were not civilizations that had contact with any others in the outside world in AOE2 timeline, which is required to be considered for adding to AOE2

And Iroquois are not medieval timeline exactly

Iroquios was never a major civilization in terms of
Population (only 12,000!), Net GDP,(not even on the scale) Political system(mainly tribal), Technology level, Army size, Navy Size, Agrarian output, and Population distribution

Bengalis(Palas) were 40 million strong with 10% of world GDP alone (similar to Dravidians)

You can choose to think I am purposely offending Natives if you want, but this is the fact

they had contact with each other
plus iroquis would have a lovely campaign
marketing strikes again

2 Likes

Wrong.

Even more wrong.

I chose nothing, you said it yourself.

1 Like

Old world civilizations should still get preference, because of their massive siza and scale, and impact in Medievaal times (i.e. till 1500)

The old World civilizations of Africa and India are not at all covered

I say what I say because of their level of technology and low population in medieval times before Columbus. (Before 1500). They do not make the cut as far as I am concerned for adding into DE as major world civilizations.

Mesoamericans and Incas, were major civs though.

1 Like