[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

only if they have the budget to create the new architecture sets required to cover the three region that are so far apart. iroquois, mapuche, caribs are in completely different areas.
as you said:

There are absolutely no quantifiable aspects, data or facts by which One can deduce that South America or ā€œmedieval USAā€ should come before Indian subcontinent civilizations.

given a 4 new civs limit, iā€™d aim at mapuche only for Americas.

we have already established that clearly population doesnā€™t matter.

case in point, in 3 expansions since the forgotten they have done nothing to fix the forgotten blunder.
meanwhile they added small population groups like Lithuanians, Bulgarians, and the Tatars.

and furthermore iā€™ve already said iā€™d at least give Indians 1 spot.

you, on the other hand, STILL havenā€™t answered, given 4 civ max, who you would add.

and a new architecture set for the andes shared with inca.

i would also want to see a new yurt architecture for tibetans, mongols, huns, cumans to relieve the overcrowded east asian set from 5 civs.

Ya you better do,
because there is no way Iroquois or any North Americal tribal civ is getting in, with a measly tiny population of only 12,000 at its peak, that too in 1700s

That is equivalent to a but a single farmtown in India in 0 BC from even before Christ was born (even in BC)

i have absolutely nothing against adding new art to the game. can we get some African villagers as a good example.

i literally said this

way back here.

Good,

Landmass Area matters
Population matters,
GDP matters,
Political system matters,
Technology level matters,
Army size matters,
Navy Size matters,
History before 14th century matters,
Percentage of GDP of World matters,
Percentage of Population of World matters,
Number of Ethnicities matters

Implying that with the same logic you used to go for Mapuche over Iroquois, One shuld go for Indian subcontinent civs over even Mapuche

ALL of south america in 1500 = less than 5 million people
Indian civilzations in 1500 = 120 million people not counting Afghanistan

i did try to create them in my mod.

I think you 2 need to stop debating now because the logics are looping now.

Itā€™s good to see both of your opinions.

Wait a moment. How is the logic below looping?

Landmass Area matters
Population matters,
GDP matters,
Political system matters,
Technology level matters,
Army size matters,
Navy Size matters,
History before 12th century matters,
Percentage of GDP of World matters,
Percentage of Population of World matters,
Number of Ethnicities matters when deciding civilizations to add.

This is not my opinion. It is what the historians say. And what the AoC developer himself said. That Indians could have 8 civilizations if and when added.

unfortunately Asian/Middle Eastern/Native American VIllagers wouldnā€™t work well because its only subtle differences.

because you just stated it in an earlier comment.
also @MatCauthon3 just stated his opinion on Mapuche in his earlier comment.
now they are looping (being written again)

That would be nice. Thing is though, that expansions usually have a theme, so they might not pick all the most popular requested ones but create a theme around one civ. If it would be up to me, weā€™d have an American, an African and a final Asian expansion pack with 5 civ each (if thereā€™s enough design space to make them strong and competitive enough).

I personally would put the priorities either on the African or American one because we have so few civs there and there are interesting stories to be told (Arauco War, Kongolese-Portuguese wars,ā€¦)

They always implemented the most popular picks. I remember vividly the request for African civs, Portuguese, Khmer and Balts (a in my opinion better name for the Lithuanian civ we have)

1 Like

first two really didnā€™t.

iā€™m operating under a ā€œexpect the worst, hope for the bestā€ and expecting at worst only 1 new expansion.

1 Like

Are they ever going to implement black villagers? Thatā€™d be great. Playing as Malians/Ethiopians feels weird.

1 Like

i refer you back to this.

1 Like

They should focus on the inconsistencies as well, monk graphics, king graphics and sail graphics.

2 Likes

first priority is bugs and pathing though imho. we can live with art the way it is. bugs and pathing impact gameplay.