[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

yeah no denial to that. it should indeed be the first priority.

only saying that the graphics department needs to focus on fixing these inconsistencies:

rather than making some random event related stuff.
because these inconsistencies will last forever in the game if they are not fixed.

2 Likes

i think random events can be fun, but we certainly do not need them monthly.

1 Like

Events can only be a thing once the game is totally fixed, and the balance of many unused units is satisfactory for everyone

I think we are going offtopic here.

Yes that’s because we went offtopic here

I am sorry if you feel like that, it’s just related to new contents discussion that is being discussed in the messages just above it.

There are a large number of other threads to discuss unit balance.

1 Like

Indian obviously for gaming purpose.SE buildings are darvidian design anyway.

3 Likes

I agree their are too many germanic and turkic civilizations in the game now. i myself have stated the fact earlier a lot of times.

1 Like

I would love to see a unit using a boleadeira as a weapon (two to three stones tied to a rope, used against mounted units). This could be either a single unit (primary or secondary) or an archer, anti-cavalry unit, shared by the Andean people or the American people in general.

https://www.portaldasmissoes.com.br/site/view/id/1369/boleadeira.html
https://pt.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boleadeira#:~:text=Boleadeira%20é%20uma%20espécie%20de,queda%20e%20matar%20o%20animal.
images (19)

3 Likes

the graphics for bolas rider unit and the mantlet unit in the american worlds mod is made by me :wink:

2 Likes

could you post more images of this unit? Bolas Rider. I would love to see it.

1 Like

You did a great job with the mantlet at Age of Empires 2: American Wold. I thought this unity was magnificent. I would really like it to be part of a future game, officially.

2 Likes

here it is the bolas rider and his spinning bolas
i gave it to Thermoh (the project leader) last summer along with that mantlet unit.

2 Likes

I even talked to Thermoh too. He had a project for an unofficial expansion for Age of empires 2 DE. I even suggested the warrior priest as a unique unit of the mississippians (hybrid of priest and infantry - a unit that heals and attacks). I also came to suggest a unit armed with a boleadeira as a single secondary unit for the Mapuche. But the last news I had, unfortunately, was that the project had been abandoned. A feather.

But I hope you can do a great job with this unit armed with a “boleadeira”. And let this unit one day, join the official game, as well as your other unit “Mantlet”. :slight_smile:

of course it will be great to re-create the units for DE. but first they need to allow us to add new civilizations to the game:

currently we can replace existing civs but cannot add new ones.
also i am bit concerned about AI functionality. the fact that American World mod didn’t work with AI and mostly an online tournament based mod for a spanish community is what kept me a bit away from it since I don’t know spanish neither do I prefer to playtest everything online.

I hope in future updates they will fix this problem of adding new civilization via mods.

1 Like

exactly. Unfortunately, these limitations end up discouraging creators and new ideas that could further enrich the game. But I am really content that you have sketched (you are working on) a unit using a “boleadeira” (Bola Rider). Could you tell us how the interest in working with this unit came about? and what was your intention? Be a single unit? and which civilization?

Thermoh originally requested Bolas Rider only for the Araucans Civ in the mod. He requested elements such as a bandage on head with feathers, player colour tattoo on body and as such.

Mantlet was a bonus unit I made for him later.

1 Like

I made a Nubians cocnept long time ago, but not sure if it belongs here

Gonna try to do one of the Muisca

5 Likes

Every new civ idea is welcome here! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I really like Camel civ concepts.

Age Of Empires is lacking Camel civs and there are plenty of Camel bonuses left:

Camels move 10% faster
Camels recieve 3-4-5 melee armor
Camels +2 LoS
Camels attack x% faster
Camels recieve trample damage
Camels need 0.8 population
Camels are trained x%faster
Camels +3 attack against infantry
Camel unique units

1 Like