[Poll](Updated) Which civs would you like to see in the game? (All popularly requested civs included)

maybe not completely trash, just less gold

1 Like

i think a “trash knight” can be an unique unit too

2 Likes

Maybe just Gold, though.
Imagine no Food Cavaliers in Imp. It would not be OP since Gold counts more than Food in the Imperial Age, but would still make them far more affordable.

Pair that with a Lamellar Hauberk Castle Age UT that gives Knights +5 PA, and take away Plate Barding Armour.

1 Like

so what about my vetri vel tech?
also
one of the main reasons i made that paladin upgrade ut was so that i could send in knights to my opponents base that were outnumbered by cavaliers but still win

Sound OP, to be quite honest.

Monks cost 100 Gold for good reasons, the devs never wanted them to be spammed.

2 Likes

25 food 75 gold?
100 food 50 gold?
any other monk bonuses?

trading in team games disagrees
a bit

This is a great idea to add the Iroquois in Age 2. But I would also like to add not only a North American civilization, but at least 3 (Iroquois, Mississippians and Anasazi - Pueblos). And I really wanted the addition of the Mapuche to share a new Andean architecture with the Incas. If not a third Andean (South American) civilization. As well as the Mesoamerican civilization - Tarascans. The ideal would be to add at least five American civilizations. An expansion focused entirely on the new world (Americas).

1 Like

Chimus and Muiscans would be a great South American civ

1 Like

could you give us concepts of these civilizations and ideas for their unique units and their unique technologies? would you have any ideas about them to share, please?

I dont want to leak my concepts, but:

Muiscans: Their economy was based on their trades and farms. - > I would expect a trading and a food bonus. Their elite warriors were the Guechas - > they would be the best unique unit choice: Guecha Warrior, Guecha Blowgunner, Guecha Slinger, Guecha Archer
They used ranged weapons, atlatl-like weapon, sling, blowgun - > I would give them Archer bonuses

Chimu: to be honest I don’t know many things about them, but their capital city, Chanchan had big walls, great defenses. They had metallurgy unlike Aztecs and Mayans. They used bronze armor/weapons so it would be reasonal to give them a strong military bonuses.

2 Likes

also
about what @JonOli12 said
when they have EBE they dont need heavy cav
for my tamil civ idea
should i give them cavalier?
(army is based on chola)
they already have EBE
but im not sure
like if they cant afford the EBE
they can make cavaliers, or should i save that spot for light cav?

2 Likes

The Magyar Huszar is sort of already that, considering it’s stronger than the regular Hussar but still weaker than the Knight line in general. The only way I could imagine “trash knights” working would be if they had like one more attack point and/or slightly more HP than Magyar Huszars in exchange for bad LOS and no significant advantage against siege and Monks.

Trash Knights would be produced from the Stables, which by itself would be a huge advantage over the Magyar Huzsars, and would make them unique right there.

MHs are also more like Hussar UUs, rather than Trash Knights.

new tamil chariot uu concept
instead of empowering units they could “pack and unpack” into a melee form and ranged form
this helps them counter mixed armies filled with units like like
Teutonic Knights, Huskarls, Halberdier, Etc.
suggestions?

also,
what is the most needed camel civ in the game?

and,
how does this sound
Spanish allies in as an imp UT that gives the tlaxcalans gunpowder and/or cavalry (probably just bombard cannon and a cavalry UU though, or something like a conquistador type UU)
what if i call the tech European intervention or old world intervention?
ideas?

and also,
is the term rajput too anarchonistic?
any better term to describe their ancestors?
(like prithviraj)
and should they get heresy?

plus,
anyone know an unclaimed elephant civ?

and,
for my vetri vel tech maybe make it unproportional
so that it makes it so monks cost 100 food and 50 gold, any tweaks to the cost?

also,
should i give tlaxcalans heresy?
it makes sense because of their resistance to aztec conquest, right?
but the spanish?

and,
anyone know of a source to tell me of zapotec military?
what about swhahili

and,
any civs that showered arrows on their opponent?
how? (siege weapon, castle, etc.)

wow this post is a block of questions

2 Likes

Chariot uu seems like too much micro for little use.
Rajput seems an ok name anyone can identify that name easily.
Camel civi Turegs.
Elephant civi Sinhaleese Siam Bengal Tamils.

1 Like

they were like war generals so it makes sense
making a backup uu in case the unit doesn’t work out
another idea is that since chariots were good because the rider was on higher ground, chariots have a permanent hill bonus, how does that sound?

i read through the campaign and they use that term

did they use gunpowder?
(Zarambuks)
i have an idea for the magyars of camels
basically if camels would be almost always chosen over horses

thanks, thinking of a royal elephant uu

these were in reply to this post (i want a bit more opinions)
if you see this please reply if you haven’t already

Realistically horses were the war animal camels were minly used as pack animals.
Im sure many dessert peoples used guns on camel and horse back.

2 Likes

i meant in places where camels were easier to obtain
like for saracens and indians (not in real life but their civ concepts)

2 Likes

In northern Africa, big Camelry contingents were often seen as opposede to Horsemen, because there are certain places Horses will just not go, due to the land being too arid, which the animals can intinctively percieve.

Camel Gunners were very common, since the Camel gives you a taller firing platform.

1 Like