[Poll] What do you think about the map pool? What would you have changed?

How much do you like the current map pool system for ranked?

0 voters

How much did you liked the previous map pool system for ranked?

0 voters

Would you add more maps, more bans or both to the current pool? Or just keep it this way?

• More maps but no more bans.
  • More bans but no more maps.
  • Freedooom!
  • The maps and bans are perfect.

0 voters

Would you like ranked matches added to the lobby?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Pretty good questions and I hope a lot of people will vote.

I don’t like the “Freedoooom!” option for the 3rd question though - I think you should have kept it clear and simple there. I guess it means something like “more maps and more bans”, but it’s pretty bad to have such a vage option in an otherwise very helpful poll.

1 Like

Really think the map pool is awfull. There is a little hype on this game, i’m a part of this new wave of players, and the map pool is too hard to understand :slight_smile:

• Arabia : Good map, we should have more map like this
  • Steppes / Nomade : It’s not fun if you want grind the ladder and learn the game to start with nothing at the beginning. This map should be avaible on personnal lobby, not on ladder
  • Arena / Black forest : Fast Castle every time, not fun, i can understand beginner would love this map, but even if you put this 2 map on the ladder map pool, casual player will never start to play ladder cause they want play ONLY this kind map, and they are afraid to lose cause it’s ranked, evey lose count. So very bad idea, this 2 map should be only on personnal lobby
  • Gold rush : Why not, if all the map was not so different, that can be fun
    Mega random : … Guys :slight_smile: you cannot change the rules on every map, like sometimes you have a forum, sometimes one minion, sometimes 3 and a horse… I work on Esport since 10 years and that’s not working like this so no comment on this map.

For real, you keep the last map pool, you remove mountain and river, and add Arabia we are good. The last spot you can go fantasy with an Arena or Black Forest if you want it, to have some fun SOMETIMES. But in this way, for a new player like me, this is a super boring map pool not fun.

Thanks for the reading

3 Likes

Ya boy microsoft gonna fix this in the next patch in october guys. Don’t worry

I’m kind of sick of people putting up polls with leading responses like this and every other one someone posts. Make it an objective response, include all possible options, or don’t even bother wasting people’s time. The first two questions are fine, but for god sake, the options on the third are restrictive and won’t provide any useful data.

1 Like

I hope the devs gather some statistics on which maps are banned how often by users.
If some of the maps are much more often banned than others, it’s a really good and objective indicator that the map pool needs to be changed.

Honestly, I liked the previous map pool much more compared to the current one.
Maps like Nomad, Steppe and MegaRandom only appeal to a smaller subset of the audience. But the people who like these maps still can’t relly on the ranked match making, because they would be forced to play the traditional style maps as well. So in the end, neither of the groups is really happy with the map pool.
Btw. Black Forest with a revealed map start really does not fit into the map pool for competitive games either.

In particular the options for the third poll are not really adequate.
Adding more maps is not really telling much, when not saying which maps it shoud include.
Adding more bans without adding more maps is not really possible as then the players matched toghether could ban more maps than are in the pool.
“Freedom” is not really descriptive on how the map system should be changed.

1 Like

Freedoom was just a joke guys, but jokes aside thanks for the positive responses. Had the devs asked this kind of questions before(and take the answers seriously) i believe we would have been on a state with the ranked.