POLL: Which campaigns need the most fixing/revisions?

Which campaigns need the most fixing/revisions?
  • Ascent of Egypt
  • Glory of Greece
  • Voices of Babylon
  • Yamato, Empire of the Rising Sun
  • Reign of the Hittites
  • The Rise of Rome
  • Ave Caesar
  • Imperium Romanum
  • Enemies of Rome
  • The First Punic War

0 voters

I don’t think any of the campaigns on DE deserves any changes. I like them just they are now.
I would go for new campaigns or some ‘‘historical battles’’ just to give any excuse for some civs to have a campaign scenario

Are you sure about that? Have you played Holy Man and/or The Siege of Alesia with normal difficulty?

Expansions or paid downloadable content with campaigns for the cultures already present in the game would indeed be nice to have.

Yes I did both. Holy Man is an awful war of attrition but once you deny the gold for the enemy, at least you won’t bother with his priests. They use a lot of chariots and build many town centers and towers

Alesia you must rush with Caesar and legions, make some swordsman and split your forces between the yellow and orange Gauls. You must no be encircled, just like originally Romans create a 2nd wall to not allow Gauls relieve the siege.

1 Like

I do not recall having issues with Ascent of Egypt when I bought the game back in 2020. Though I don’t remember if I was using the steroids cheat either, in order to beat the scenarios. What can be said about such campaign, or what did you people find there to be potentially changed in future updates?

Scenario hints indicate the opposite. I think it would be nice to have that changed.

Less tutorial scenarios
More scenarios exploring Egyptians virtues

The outside Gauls are really a nuisance. I used to play RoR without rushing and was a weird experience.
I don’t usually rush any enemy or speedrun scenarios but sometimes is a question of “being left alone for a while to boom”

1 Like

One of the most broken missions is “Crossing the Alps”. The AI is super aggressive, even the AI players that should defend the mountain passes. You fight a massive (and weird) battle and if you survive that, you face an almost empty map.

While there definitely should be some hard missions, I’m not a fan of such weird mission experiences or the need of exploiting missions, because the AI is “too artificial” aggressive and wealthy and therefore insanely hard.

I offered already in another thread to fix all campaign missions, which have issues for the devs without payment, but sadly I haven’t received an answer so far. :frowning:

2 Likes

Honestly a new campaign for the Egyptians would be nice. But there are other civs that need them the most. Not saying Egyptians are not cool, however.

Sad to see only a few people voted on this poll. Really want more to join this discussion since it would increase the likelyhood of getting updates fixing the most serious issues regarding the campaigns.

Maybe Microsoft does not want third-parties to join development, which is a wasted opportunity since modders can achieve really great things with passion and love for what they do. Forgotten Empires itself was born out of modding.

1 Like

Above all, MS would like to bury the game so that they don’t have to spend a millisecond with it.
I think they hate this game. It’s so sad.

The thing is
 we can never be sure if it’s truly abandoned or they just delay development and support (I think it’s the 2nd option). Although it’s been more than 6 months since the last update, we cannot assume the game has been abandoned yet, plus, change log for the update stated devs ‘are aware of concerns and things the community has been talking about over the months’.

AOE2DE, AOE3DE and even AOE4, get the most attention now, and it’s understandable
 I just don’t like to wait months and months for old bugs to be slowly fixed :slightly_frowning_face:

Wish this game had more frequent bugfixing updates.

1 Like

Even AoM got an update after a year, i hope we won’t be on this state but the game is somehow stable (for me)

Voices of Babylon 7 (Lord of the Euphrates), was really hard for me as I could not withstand the attacks from both yellow and red. But maybe I just need to try different strategies; I did not use heavy infantry, and I barely spawned catapults, so that may be the reason.

What mission was that exactly?

imageimage

1 Like

Oh dear, I don’t remember either. I think this is another one of those “clever” missions where you get to fight your crap ships going triremes. I think you had to spam ships to keep the yellow one at bay for now. Once you eliminated the red one, I think the rest was a formality.

you need to rush red player and be defensive until you have enough resources to land and raze yellow

2 Likes

Now that you mention it
you’re right.