[Poll] Which civs do you want to see in DLC? Corrected to include all relevant Age II civs

Japan is only fake hype because Japan has been declining while Korea has boomed

In reality we need Japan and Korea for sure, and then one of: Sweden / Norway / etc.

Korea booming? Korea is currently 7% of vote. Byzantines and Turks (Ottoman Empire), above 40%.
Did Sweden and Norway even exist the entire game timeframe?

4 Likes

I think he means a civ that may represent the ā€œVikingsā€. Either way, I think that the Danes are the better candidate on that front.

Ultimate joke, another symbol of disrespect to AoE fansā€¦

That poll (absurdly pinned by a volunteer mod to the top of the forum) lacks some of the most popular civs that the community misses and wants to see in the game.

The Ottoman Empire / Turks (2nd most voted of all!), Spain or Portugal (5th), Indians, Italians, etc represent the wishes of a huge part of the playerbase and stand for the history of Age of Empires itself. These core civs are not even present in that poll.

How can you have the Byzantines without the Turks?

Anasazi, Mississippi, Zimbabwe etc are ok additional alternatives in a poll but should never exclude or force deny the genuine will of the Age of Empires community or delete the history of the franchise from collective memory.

That other ā€œpollā€ should never have been pinned on top.

9 Likes

So it seems Roman Empire x Turks is the final battle, once moreā€¦

I sympathize with the Bulgarians with only 3%, voted for them (and Mali).

These fellas were the strongest fighters in Europe, maybe the world. Vikings not even close. Except Bulgaria was dealt the most difficult geography (weaker England, Japan the easiest)ā€¦ born at the backyard of the beast Eastern Roman Empire, and later, in comes a worse leviathan, the Ottoman Empire to steamroll their land.

1 Like

Bulgars and Magyarsā€¦

the toughest, meanest Euro badasses keeping weaker English, French etc safe most of the Middle Ages.

3 Likes

Your poll options donā€™t follow naming conventions. Currently, naming conventions are kingdoms or empires, not just groups of people.

@Dustydeadly ā€œChineseā€, ā€œEnglishā€, ā€œRusā€ are not dynasty or state names. They are groups of people.

Plus the other poll also doesnā€™t follow the so-called ā€œconventionā€.

The only difference, this poll has Turks (the Ottoman Empire), Spain, Italians; the other poll only has Anasazi, Mississippi and Zimbabwe.

3 Likes

Iā€™d love to see more campaigns for the already existing factions such as HRE. When it comes to Multiplayer, I would prefer American factions such as Inca to spice things up.

1 Like

Byzantines, Turks, Spanish, Portuguese.
These civilizations changed the course of history. Itā€™s not understandable they were not included on release.
Also some native american and african would be nice.

9 Likes

Iā€™m with you. Three out of these four are not in the civ poll pinned to the top of the forum by AoE4 mod, but you can choose Anasazi, Nahua, Mississippi.

6 Likes

Tibet! I want Tibet in Age of Empires 4. Kingdom of Tibet was free and independent!

2 Likes

Byzantines, Ottomans/turks, Spanish and Portugese are the main ones Iā€™d like to see.

Spain and Portugal as they were very wealthy empires in the late middle ages to the renaissance era and I personally love the history behind them. Byzantines and Ottomans/Turks for their historical rivalry in the middle ages which finally ended in 1453 when the Ottomans captured Constantinople.

9 Likes

I think Turks and Byzantines are surely the strongest contendersā€¦ They also fought many great historical battles against each others so can also provide good contents for campaign. I personally want to play the fall of Constantinopleā€¦ I hope developers put it in the next dlc.

9 Likes

1st DLC
Spain
Moors
Aztec

2nd DLC
Ethiopians
Byzantines
Turks

3rd DLC
Japan
Korea
India

4th DLC
Mayan
Persia
Islander civ?
any of them really.

I want to see the Kingdom of Tibet but I acknowledge the Ottoman and Byzantine empires are the most important and most substantial in game raw material.

2 Likes

Choose one, man. Canā€™t even begin to list how reductive/inadequate this poll is as well

Spain
Berbers*
Aztec Empire

Venezia*
Byzantine Empire
Turks

Japan
Korea
Dravidians*

Maya
Inca Empire*
Muisca*

5th DLC
Portugal
Ethiopia
Songhai Empire

6th DLC
Polish-Lithuanian Union
Kalmar Union
Teutonic Order

7th DLC
Bulgarian Empire
Kingdom of Hungary
Persian Empire

8th DLC
Siamese
Burmese
Vietnamese
Cambodians

9th DLC
Mutapa Empire
Congolese
Sudanese

3 Likes

This one sounds dope. Imagine AoE4 with this many civs.

Yeah yeah so ā€œdopeā€ā€¦
:roll_eyes:
Even I find these African civs ā€œeccentricā€ (outlandish).

1 Like