POLL: Which Continent do you want new Civs from?

Instead of voting for every single group of people known to man, just vote for which continent you want more done on. Simple? I think so.

Most wanted Continent (single choice)
  • Europe (Bohemians, Poles, Serbs, Swiss etc.)
  • Africa (Swahili, Zimbabwean, Kongolese etc.)
  • Asia (Tamil, Nepalese, Hindavis etc.)
  • Americas (Iroquois, Mississippians, Chimus etc.)
  • Oceania (Somoans, Tongans, Maori etc.)

0 voters

7 Likes

As in the past, regarding such polls, I miss the option ā€œPlease no more civs!ā€. Threads like this are the reason, developers seem to think that the player base desperately wants new civsā€¦

6 Likes

No, the fact that thread like these keep popping up, and that more people say ā€œMore civs!ā€ than those that say ā€œEnough civs!ā€; is really why the devs think we want more civs.

It is because we actually do want more civs.

8 Likes

You have already posted my opinion. I also miss the options ā€œPlease no more civsā€.

So then this poll is biased and meaningless to me.

4 Likes

Americans are two continents together. Antarctica is missing as well in the poll. So the topography in the poll is already quite bad.

3 Likes

I couldnā€™t think of 3 civs each for both :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes, I forgot that some people might want to play the ā€œSnow Menā€ Civilization.

I easily can.

The one place without any human settlements.
Penguin civ? It would be dangerous, the Emperor Pengus are already extremely nationalistic!

4 Likes

I canā€™t think for any new civ we need for any continent :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Tamil is not a civilization its a language. But if you are talking about the Pandyas, Cholas and Cheras I think the height of their kingdom was during the Iron age so is more fitting in the AOE1 timeline than AOE2. Personally Iā€™d love to see them in AOE1 along with Mauryans and others.

Fictional continent Australia is also missing with its aboriginals.

1 Like

Want to do me a favor? Go Google (or Duck it like I do) ā€˜Oceaniaā€™ and reply back with what you learnt.

1 Like

I was being sarcastic :grin:

2 Likes

If you want the poll to be scientific correct, you should have added. Otherwise everyone can see that itā€™s biased, devs included, and I donā€™t think theyā€™ll ever consider a biased poll.

As for the civs that I like to see, are both Europeans and Asians. Until we get different regional skins for the units I wouldnā€™t like for the dev to add civ like north America ones.

It already bother me to see aztecs with iron swords, or aalians and etiopians that all unit models are white people.

Most people want non-European civs. The votes are seperated here. We would be equally happy if we got Yoruba or Tamils.

3 Likes

My poll is only for those who want new civs. If you want to go tick a ā€˜no new civā€™ box, look at my good friend @Szaladon 's thread here: [Polls] On regards to new civs

1 Like

Europe! Bohemians, Poles and Saxons + maybe Serbs and Greeksā€¦I mean, Swiss are already being added (Burgundians):slight_smile:

Swiss fought the burgundians they are nothing alike.

1 Like

At the time of this post 44% wants more european civis.paranthan agrees too.

1 Like

Parthnan is sarcastic.

1 Like