[POLL] Would you like more European civs?

I see some people complaining that there are too many European civs and there shouldn’t be added any new civs. While it is true that the game is mainly focused on Europe and Asian medieval civs in which Europe is well represented, and that the rest of the world is somewhat cast aside, does that mean that there shouldn’t be more European civs? Then again, other people like variety and after incoming non-European DLCs they would like new European civs.

So my goal is to see the stance of people here on this forum which statement is true, would people like new European civs to be added at some point, or not at all and devs should stop adding European civs altogether?
(Let’s say that 48 civ limit is not real)

• I would like more European civs at some point
  • I don’t want any European civ to be added anymore

0 voters

7 Likes

if the rumors of a 48 civ cap are true - then the rest of the civs should be non European.

21 Likes

to me that sounds like Y2K theory :joy:

4 Likes

The last thing the game needs is Euro civs, none of them are relevant.

Well not to the extend people believed Y2K would go, it technically did happen, with some systems displaying wrong information and some I believe not working.

For (mainly) older games, hardcaps like a 48 civ cap are not uncommon, earlier nintendo games were limited with colors and amount if pixels etc. Ofcourse now we basically have no limits or very high limits you basically never reach. I assume if the 48 cap is there that by now in DE it has been removed, unless they still use the old engine and didnt change much.

3 Likes

I think the more limiting factor is unique economic boni. There’s only so many things you can do.

I hope the DotD civs, especially Bohemians, will get something interesting. I really like the Burgundians on that regard.

@srbnems: I just want a break of them. We got a lot of those lately and considering how some regions still lack literal empires which lasted for a long time, I’d prefer the focus on those.

5 Likes

This is personal preference and i totally support that!

However, there are people who are just disrespectful and ignorant who claim these things:

5 Likes

The way @CheshireWig3203 expresses himself is not okay, but I have to agree with him that everything which remains in Europe which potentially could be added is kinda irrelevant to anything else which could be added elsewhere.

I know you’re a big of Serbians, but to be honest, in my opinion, there’s more important stuff to be added. Same with the Swiss. I’m Swiss myself but it would be stupid IMO if they’d come into the game before the issue with “Indians” is fixed e.g.

6 Likes

Ignorant? There are no strong European civs left.

3 Likes

What about venice? I agree they are already ingame with italians or byzantines but we got renamed normans added later.

6 Likes

Italians are Venetians.

6 Likes

Imagine they’d add Venetians, a third Italian civ, before adding something from the South Asian subcontinent 11

7 Likes

This is the key sentence! That’s why i made it clear “at some point”!
There are enough civs left to be added from Europe after the other DLCs

2 Likes

Its more likely with the inclusion of Sicilians/Normans than seeing cholas getting added anytime soon.

1 Like

I just find it weird that over half of the civs should be European with them getting continuously weaker and relevant over a shorter period of time while there are some regions which have very few or zero civs.

The last additions were kinda unnecessary.

1 Like

It would be interesting to see the reaction from the Indian player base if generic indians is broken down like the slavs.Im sure there will be people happy and unhappy about it in equal numbers.

3 Likes

The last additions are just biased, Sicily=island that was inhabited by Italians, Berbers, Saracens, Normans(=Norse ethnicity, but West Euro culture.) Burgundians are just Franks.

4 Likes

We dont need any more civs at all. European civs or non European civs. That doesnt matter. We just need non. I am also not hyped about the next DLC for that reason.

All civs will fit one of the following categories:

1. They are almost a copy of an existing civ. So they just dont add anything to the game.
  2. They will get some gimmicks to make them unique. So they also dont add anything to the game.

I havent seen good civ designs lately.

2 Likes

For me it’s not problem when we will see more euro civs in game. But I also think that after Dawn of Dukes DLC we should be more focus on other, mainly african of american civs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But what about:

Habsburgians and Swiss
Danes and Swedes
Vlachs and Croats
Aragonese and Venetians

Kappa

2 Likes