Polynesian Maps

I had some suggested Australian maps before here → Australia - #14 by TheSquidEmpire

I think it’s a better idea if you were going to have Australian maps to make the maps based on areas of unique terrain or with interesting features, rather than the boundaries of modern Australian states. My ideas were “Draintree” to cover the tropical north - with cassowaries, jungles, coral waters, and crocodiles - “Van Dieman’s Land” to cover Tasmania and the Southern oceanic climate areas - with dense forests and snowy mountains - and “Auralia” to cover the nullarbor - an inhospitable desert with no trees (null arbor = no trees).

I could think of some more to add, but I think AOE3 already has tonnes of maps and imo if we were doing a polynesian DLC most of the maps should be polynesian, with only a scattering of Australian maps.

More map ideas...
  • Simpson desert → the hot red centre of Australia. Lake Eyre is in the center of the map and is almost always dry, allowing troop movement, but is sometimes full of pinkish water, changing the game completely.
  • Outback → scrubby grasslands - like Great Plains, with wild sheep, but no trade route
  • Blue Mountains → very rugged mountainous terrain with only patches of flat ground suitable for building on, and a long winding trade route
  • Kimberley → rugged coastline with a rocky and cliffy inland. The only mines are diamond mines
  • Botany Bay → the location of the first British colony in Australia. A wide open bay with many whales and a gentle and lush shoreline with plenty of resources.
3 Likes