Possibile new expansions of AoE3DE

Sadly Hungary was part of the Ottoman empire at the AOE3 timeframe.

2 Likes

Later the Hapsburgs.

The Swiss defeated the Habsburg and were quite often hired as mercenaries.

They’d not be my first pick for AOE3 but they’re solid.

1 Like

What I want :
Ethiopia
Zulu empire
Safavids
Omanese
Maori
Sinhala
Mughal India
Maratha India
italians
Korea
Siam
Malay?

2 Likes

Already exists in the game as Indians.

5 Likes

I think india represents Mughals
 but india during this period was mostly conquered by Maratha Confederacy

1 Like

Yes, I agree. But in case of AoE2 there is no need for further expansions. There are 35 civs? As a casual player I can hardly tell you the whole list of them. Much harder for me is to say which civ is good for what (I know quite well the original 13 civs). What would be the point to add another civ(s) and map(s)?

Unlike the AoE2, I think AoE3 would look good with Africa. Maps like rainforest in Congo, savanna of Tanzania, seas around Zanzibar

This leads me to another point. In AoE3 there are no really big maps, aren’t there? For example some kind of huge map with plenty of islands and a lot of sea space for naval battles

1 Like

Maybe all those are a bit too much, but some can be added as tribes.

1 Like

yes zulu can definitely be added as tribe if there is an african expansion

1 Like

For an African expansion, I would make Ethiopians and Zulu as main civs, then all other as tribes.

Otherwise, even a big mixture of various tribes cultures in one civs could be better than nothing.

Italians would be good not just for the African scenario but also for the thirty year and napoleonic wars.

Koreans, Siam and Malay I don’t think that were big powers in that period, so maybe it’s difficult to see them as more than tribes.

1 Like

I was referring to the portion of Hungary that was under the influence of the habsburg.

Primitive?
They whopped the Ottomans, which were the most advanced army at the time!

If Polish were primitive, than what were Sioux, Aztecs, or even Russians at the time?

If anything, adding Poland, Italy and Hungary should be a must for more Euro civs, and would give us both the Ottoman invasion and the 30 Years War scenarios, with European maps.

Adding Egypt and Morocco for the Ottoman expansion campaign would also be good, and would at least add some non-Euro civs too, even if they played a bit like Euro civs, but with more archaic units on the first 2 Ages.

2 Likes

You already have India, and it has all the elephants and stuff.

Totally forgot about the Zulu! They’d be great for an African expansion alongside the Ethiopians and possibly the Omani.

Siam was absolutely a major power during the Age III timeframe, especially during the Rattanakosin period. They were never conquered by a European superpower and came to control almost all of mainland Southeast Asia at their height. I agree though with the Koreans and especially the Malay, whose homeland was dominated by Dutch colonists at the time.

1 Like

If Hungary as a separate nation then Bohemia as well because 30 Years War started there :slight_smile:

But I think just Habsburgs/Austrian will be sufficient :wink:

1 Like

You could have Hungarians as a tribe, but then you would need either Bohemia, Croatia or Denmark.

2 Likes

They are called the definitive editions because well uhm they are definitive. No expansions to be expected. Extended support, yes.

2 Likes

All those could be tribes, also Bavaria, Saxony, Switzerland, all the smaller states of Central Europe could be seen as tribes.

1 Like

Bohemia was an important power in the 30 Years War, and it would be cool to have them, if we would not get Hungary.

Denmark was an empire at the time, since they were also united with Norway.

Croats could be a tribe/minor settlement (Jesuits are not an actual tribe, for example, nor are the asian religious settlements), and would be cool as one.

1 Like

Yes, but even just them as tribes would be better than nothing.

1 Like