Possibility to lock teams in random maps would be great, because

Hi everyone, hi the dev team.
I don’t know if you remember, but there was a big problem in AoE random maps :

When I played with allies, I was always really affraid of making Catapults/heavy catapults, because when enemies used to walk next to my allies, my catapults were subject to cause damage to allied units or buildings. As a result, my ally instantly turned me as an enemy which is annoying when they are just next to your base…

The option which enables you to lock team was present in AoE 2 and I think it shouldn’t be to difficult to set it in AoE DE what do you think ? :slight_smile:

I think friendly fire and alliances changing makes a lot of sense from a strategy standpoint. But the ability to lock away all that stuff at will also makes sense, since some times you don’t want to go through the hassle.

Fire friend is very common in RTS games, I think it’s a terrible idea to take this, a good way to learn not to do this is to play and pay attention and not asking the devs to put protection on their allies. More and more are wanting to make the game even easier, which sucks!

@UnknownMortal said:
Fire friend is very common in RTS games, I think it’s a terrible idea to take this, a good way to learn not to do this is to play and pay attention and not asking the devs to put protection on their allies. More and more are wanting to make the game even easier, which sucks!

pay attention to the original post before you post anything
yes teams should be locked

@UnknownMortal said:

I don’t ask to make the game easier, I just say that it’s stupid that your allied AI turns you directly as an enemy just because the projectile of your catapult accidentaly broke a toe of one of his villager who was there fortuitously…

Reading your answer I’m not sure it has already happened to you.

@“Mr NoVaseline” said:

@UnknownMortal said:

I don’t ask to make the game easier, I just say that it’s stupid that your allied AI turns you directly as an enemy just because the projectile of your catapult accidentaly broke a toe of one of his villager who was there fortuitously…

I did not see that it was about artificial intelligence, and yes, it never happened to me.

sorry for the misunderstanding

@UnknownMortal said:

@“Mr NoVaseline” said:

@UnknownMortal said:

I did not see that it was about artificial intelligence, and yes, it never happened to me.

sorry for the misunderstanding

No problem mate :smile: