Possible nerf for Britons: removing +1 range for Britons from Castle Age (In imperial they still get +1)

The Camel Archer is one of the best archers next to mangudai and plummed. You can very Well Use it to Fight non mounted archers as Well and against mounted archers they Excel anyway due to Bonus damage.
Genitours and Imp skirms are probably more useful for their teammates rather than themselves, Like when your civ has Bad skirms Like burmese, celts or Franks. And then there are turkish genitours.

1 Like

range doesn’t help them against a cavalry charge or infantry swarm, fire rate is much more helpful in these cases. The range is good because they can deal with traditional archer counters like skirmishers and onagers who have low HP.

While Camel archers don’t negate, they definitely destroy most foot archer armies in a straight up fight, owing to their superior bulk and attack. And with meatshield it gets even better

2 Likes

Cav charge requires a lot of time ( big amount of villagers on food and gold) that isn’t needed for arbalest/crossbow mass (with also 20% archery range producing faster) that can one volley shot knights or siege. Also britons get fully upgraded halbs to protect themselves from a direct charge against paladins. Skirmishers could counter them but again, they have fully upgradable champs and their champs don’t even risk siege as the britons archers outrange them.

Look, you really need to start to leave the theory section of balance behind.

It is a game that tells you how much they are powerful.

And Siege Ram + Siege Onager Melts Longbows

2 Likes

Yeah the game is telling their range is too powerful. Their longbow melts siege onager and for siege ram they have again fully upgraded champs, halbs and onager.

Where? Man, please stop xD

maybe when you have whole crap ton of longbows they melt siege onagers but if you do they can run over your champions and halbs with other units.

1 Like

Since you haven’t even played with britons, here is how they work: trying to go for longbows any earlier than middle imp usually loses the game. You need multiple castles for an unit that has only +1 attack above crossbow line, takes a lot more res to upgrade and has lower accuracy before you do upgrade it. Not even higher range than crossbows unless elite.

Castle age longbows are rubbish and hard to mass so you need some other soldiers faster --> make crossbows the backbone of army instead. This is why the longbow switch comes only after arbs are maxed out and in 1v1 propably after a buffer like halbs is added. You can’t talk of longbows as some standard when you can’t go straight for them in any other map than black forest.

Also the topic is about reducing range from crossbows as well (oops) which would make briton crossbows useless with no thumb ring.

2 Likes

This talking is for both crowsbows and longbows. Also, no, it wouldn’t make the crossbow useless. Crossbows are more accurate than longbow, even more than elite longbows (arbalest are even more accurate than crossbows). People in general prefer longbow for their range and damage (longbow also cost less). Longbow training time is ridicolous so to mass them you just need 1 castle.

This proves that you have little to non both experience and game mechanics understanding. Stop trying to justify yourself and listen to other. Maybe that way you’ll get better and stop trying to change everything

8 Likes

Lemme tell you something.

You send the Siege Ram forward

Longbows auto fire on rams

You melt them with Siege Onager.

18 seconds is ridiculous? I hope you never try Shotel Warriors or otherwise every other civ is gonna be nerfed by your judgment.

7 Likes

Saying abosolutely nothing. Nice discussion.

This works only if enemy is quite stupid and sends his longbow with a patrol move and never bothers to check them or if you are playing team games where you can afford constant produciton of longbows so you can throw them but in this case, britons will have trebuchet with warwolf.

18 is ridiculous for such a powerful unit. Shotel Warriors are a weak unit, it isn’t comprable the value of these 2 units given that shotel only shines only for a few specific things. Also i never said to lower their production time so your ‘otherwise every other civ is gonna be nerfed by yor judgment’ isn’t even a proper argument.

Archers tend to fire on the closet units

Rams are tanky for that so…

Already told you, if it isn’t black forest or fatslob walls, no

2 Likes

Again, you don’t send the army with patrol move and abandon them.

Why? There is no reasoning for this. Not only longbow but crossbow have 9 range in castle which outranges everything.

After they kill the first unit you tell them to, they keep doing what they were doing

2 Likes

and you are afk? You are blind?

1 Like

You just won’t hear dude. Noone goes for longbow before Imperial age. And archers without tumb ring just won’t do. But you still think you’re right, because “theory” says so.

1 Like

Not true. Depends on their starting in early and feudal.

Not true again, in castle age thumb ring is the last upgrade you should get for crossbow, usually it is second last because ballistics cost gold and you need constant production of archers.

I remember a game i played, treaty, in black forest. I was Mayans, my enemy was Britons.
All of your thoughts went through my head. In my mind, plumed archers could do nothing. Eagle warriors couldn’t do nothing in a chockepoint. Skirms didn’t had enough range. I had no cav, cannons, no SO, and standard onager couldn’t get close.
Following the theory i built in my mind, the game was lost.

Despite that, i did several probing attacks to see how FU defensive longbows uphill in a chockepoint under castles behaved, if it was how i thought.
And boi, after i noticed how wrong i was, it only took me 5 minutes finish the game and score a “free” win.

Even today i laugh when i remember that game, and how i beat FU longbows while outnumbered with fcking halbs and castle age plumed archers LOL

FU longbows are like the huns. Everyone is afraid of then, until Flavius Aetius (aka onager shot) rains downs from the skies to save the day.

2 Likes

That just means that your opponent was bad, not the civ britons. Also mayans have better boost in economy, archer with mobility and pierce armor and powerful eagle warriors (100 hp infantry) that counter everything britons have (except champs) so your chance wasn’t slim at all. You can’t just see the enemy civ strong points ignoring yours.

2 Likes