Previous Age of Empires tournaments

After doing snooping to find the Rise of Rome Rumble tournament, I thought, what other tournaments had large prize pools?

Does anyone know of a 1v1 Conti tournament with a prize pool of $650 won by UnbrokeN?

That was the only other tournament with prize money and detailed results, I found one called Fall of Rome on AoE HeavenGames archives that had prizes like copies of the game, shirts, posters, etc. but couldn’t find anything with results.

Does anyone know of any other tournaments with prize pools or the details of the said tournament above?

AFAIK RoR is still played often competitively in Vietnam (and, I think, possibly Korea and/or China…can’t remember which). Maybe look around there…?

With quick search this is what i found:

@RWNorthPole
Only Vietnam and China, there are many tournaments like that, I was thinking of information for tournaments like this or tournaments like this (Which I’ve been told that it was canceled.)

@pate623
I’ve been the one adding those to the website, as well as countless AoE2 tournaments, I was wondering if there were any other tournaments I was missing that anyone knows of so I could add them.

I played in the last Mrfixitonline tournament and Mr_Black knocked me out. Must have been mid-2000’s.

@“Mystic Taboo”
The $10,000 dollar tournament linked to above hosted by MrFixItOnline, or a different one?

@Epd999 said:
@“Mystic Taboo”
The $10,000 dollar tournament linked to above hosted by MrFixItOnline, or a different one?

Nope there was no money attached to the last one, most players by then were in AOK.

I played with Maimin_Matty a few times on Tiny Hills with Asian_girl and others.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:
Nope there was no money attached to the last one, most players by then were in AOK.

I played with Maimin_Matty a few times on Tiny Hills with Asian_girl and others.

Are you saying that they were different tournaments or that the tournament I linked to has false advertising?

I know of 3 players who participated in those tournaments who still play today, did you play with Brainysmurf10, Devilz_Mantis or UnbrokeN?

All those names ring a bell (Mantis still plays on Voobly) but I was never elite, only ‘good’ and a ‘known’. I played with RFR_Gold, Hill_Berries VC_Vinhco (sp?) and Domnay, Http_Nightmare, the Arns a lot. Exige, I think, was many years ago ArcherAceCSUK when he first came on the Zone and I was TabooumbeCSUK. We had a small clan, I wrote AOE articles for a website (centurionstrategy) that we advertised on heaven games.

Your link doesn’t seem to send me to a 10k prize tourney though I do recall one with some big prizes, that wasn’t the one I was in though.

@“Mystic Taboo” said:

It a link to not necessarily the tournament but advertisement for one, I have snip its of tournament info on an archive of MrFixItOnline’s website, but no finalists or who was crowned champion. Brainysmurf10 said he believes it was canceled.

Yeah, I play on voobly too. VC_Vinhngo now goes by the aka as Fattycow, and hasn’t logged on in a while. I know of RFR_Gold hillberries as well as others like _Rider and @Tiny (Tiny is semi-active). The names Domnay onwards don’t play anymore, and I only know of eXIGe because he was in the 1v1 Conti Tournament in 2003.

@“KGB Crazy” What happened to the Age of Empires season #2 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments?

@pate623 said:
With quick search this is what i found:
Age of Empires Top Players & Prize Pools - Esports Tracker :: Esports Earnings

This is so interesting to know! Thank you!

I had seen it on youtube a few years ago but I did not know that the camponatos were still up to date, and even though the players are mostly from Viatinam, I am happy to see other countries in the middle.