Problem with the split formation and extra buttons

Game Version:

• Build (33315)
  • Platform (Steam)

Issue:

I cannot use the split formation more than once when i’m using the extra mouse buttons (it works fine the first time, but if i go back to the original formation i cant do it again unlesss i select the group of units again) so it’s impossible for me to micro properly at the moment. This is not the case if i use the keyboard, and there is more people on AoeZone reporting the same problem.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Set up a control group of archers (or any military).
  2. Set up the split hotkey on the extra button 2, and the regular formations in extra button 1.
  3. Try to alternate between this 2 formations without leaving the control group.

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE! --> Not really useful here)

1 Like

They should come here to properly report issues.

Are you binding your extra mouse buttons to Q (line formation) and F (flank formation)?

Don’t know if you still need this, but this is something that works.

An answer copied from https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/gjro33/another_hotkey_problem_formations/

I think the extra mouse buttons just don’t work consistently in DE (for whatever reason).

I tried to bind “Stop” to my mouse extra keys and had the same problem where it would only work once and then glitch out.

To fix it I made my mouse extra buttons count as keyboard key presses, so when I press my mouse button it registers as a G or F press, or any other key.

I used Logitech Gaming Software to do it and if you have a “gaming mouse” you can probably get similar software for it too.