Prussia, Austria and occasional cards

Now let’s get to the heart of the matter, I feel that Germany as an entity at age 3 … squeaks a bit, since it is a mix between Austria, Prussia and a piece of Poland, the idea I have is that it takes Germany away as a playable civilization and is replaced by Austria and Prussia (and consequently there is now a Polish revolution) (although also a civ called Poland-Lithuania does not look bad).

Ok, here I go with my ideas, please ask for your honest opinion and ideas to improve.

Prussia

Originally, the name Prussia only referred to the core state of the Teutonic Order in the former tribal area of ​​the Prussians, a western Baltic people, and the territories that arose outside the Holy Roman Empire. After the Hohenzollern Elector of Brandenburg as Duke of Prussia in 1701 assumed the title of King in Prussia, the general designation of the Kingdom of Prussia became the norm for all his household possessions within and outside the empire. two
From being a member state of the German Confederation since 1815, the Kingdom of Prussia became the supreme power of the North German Confederation in 1866 and that of the German Empire in 1871.
Prussia: A completely military and disciplined German state, which is the owner of one of the best land armies of the 18th century.

Civilization Bonus: their shipments of military improvements deliver Landwehrs, they have army factories and military study centers for military buildings, instead of plantations, have metal factories their settlers are only worth 0.5 population but they are limited to 55 .

Unique Units: Prussian Rifleman, Landwehr (semi-unique unit shared with the Austrians), Freikorps

Unique Buildings: Army Factories, Metal Factories, Military Study Center

Guard Units: Needle Riflemen (Guard upgrade for Prussian Riflemen)
Lieb’s Guard (Guard Upgrade for Grenadiers)

Explanation of your unique units unique buildings and some unique cards:

-Prussian Rifleman: Skirmish unit with a powerful attack and good resistance points but with less range (can be trained at age III)
Statistics:
HP: 240. Resistance: 30% melee attacks. speed: 4
Ranged attack: 24. Range: 16 x2 against heavy infantry x3 against light cavalry 0.75 against heavy cavalry
Siege Attack: 17. Rank: 6
Melee Attack: 12 x2 against heavy infantry x3 against light cavalry
Cost: 65 Food 75 Gold

Freikorp: Heavy infantry unit with good resistance to ranged attacks (can be trained at age II)
Statistics:
HP: 190. Resistance: 40% of ranged attacks. speed: 4
Ranged Attack: 19. Range: 13 x1.5 vs Shock Infantry x1.5 vs Light Cavalry
Siege Attack: 22. Rank: 6
Melee Attack: 14 x2 vs. Cavalry x2 vs. Shock Infantry
Cost: 100 Food 20 Gold

Landwehr: Militia unit armed with rifles to serve the homeland (can be trained in age II)
HP: 125. Resistance: 20% of melee attacks. speed: 4.20
Ranged Attack: 18. Range: 13
Siege Attack: 13. Rank: 6
Melee Attack: 11 x 2.5 vs. Shock Infantry x 1.5 vs. Cavalry
Cost: 35 Food 35 Wood

Army factories: Military factories with incredible weapons production. (construction limit 3, can be built by the explorer) (Available Age III)
Villagers can work in army factories to produce soldiers the faster they have worked faster (max 10), types of trainable armies (in blocks):

6: landwehr
4: Prussian Riflemen
5: Musketeers
3: Grenadiers
7: Boobies
3: Hussars
4: Freikorps

Forced Recruitment: Army factories can train troops faster, but their resistance points are reduced
training time -20%
Hp: -10%

Metal Factories: Cheap Factories to Support the Army and the Nation! (Building limit 4) can be built by villagers (Available Age III)
Villagers can work in metal factories to produce Gold (these factories work 50% faster than a normal plantation) and improve mine harvesting and create mine carts (maximum villagers: 6)

Copper prospecting cart: cost 500 food 350 wood
Silver Prospecting Wagon: Cost 600 Food 450 Wood
Gold Prospecting Wagon: Cost 1250 Food 1050 Wood

Leipzig Mines: Prospecting Wagons Get 10% More Resources
National Economy: Villagers can collect coins from mines 15% faster.
Industrial Exploitation: Factories can produce coins 15% faster.

Military Study Center: building to study the art of war.
(Build limit: 1) can be shipped from the metropolis (Available Age IV)
Allows military upgrades for your army

Disciplined March: Forward speed is improved by 10%
Silesian Marksmen: Improve your infantry’s firing speed and range (instead of 3 seconds it is now 2.5) Range improved by 2
Prussian Grenadiers: Improves range and melee damage to grenadiers (20% melee damage) plus 2 range
Experimental Obus: improves mortar damage and training speed (25% damage ) (training speed -20%)
Towarcyz: Improves the damage of the cavalry in its melee attacks (damage 20 )
National education: due to the model of education acquired, citizen obedience is sublime! (your villagers can turn into landwehr when they are attacked and turn back to villagers after a while)

Unique cards: (they may have more but I didn’t think of many xd)

Potsdam Grenadiers: Improves the resistance of the grenadiers in their ranged attack and gives them better line of sight
Grenadier adds 10% more resistance to ranged attacks
Grenadier adds 6 more line of sight
(Available age III)
Berlin Academy: Send a military studies wagon
(Available age IV)
Teutonic Fury: Improves the resistance of villagers
Villager adds over 15% melee resistance
(Available Age II)
Regiment of the King’s Royal Guard: Sent 10 Musketeers, and improves their damage and resistance points
Musketeer improves damage 15% In all actions
Musketeer Improve Stamina Points 15%
Totenkopf Hussars - Grants 5 hussars and buffs hussars damage and gives them a small bonus against light infantry
Husar adds more 15% damage
Husar adds 1.3 bonus against light infantry

Personality of civilization: so obviously Frederick the Great

Austria
Its origins date back to the year 976, when it was established as a mark of the Holy Roman Empire. After the accession to the throne of the House of Habsburg in 1278, it became a fundamental part of the empire, finally being the place of origin of the Sacred Emperors. After the dissolution of the Holy Empire as a result of the Napoleonic Wars, Austria became an independent empire. Hence, after the failed Hungarian Revolution of 1848, the state was reorganized to give rise to Austria-Hungary. Finally, the Habsburg Empire ended in 1918 at the end of the First World War.

Austria: A multi-ethnic Germanic country devoted to culture, with large areas that must be quickly reinforced from its many enemies.

Civilization Bonus: When ordering a shipment it comes with an additional box of books to advance the next shipment, it has a wide range of skirmishers and the cost of these is 15% cheaper, they can build Border Forts with fewer resistance points and damage but cheaper.

Unique Units: Landwehr (semi-unique shared with the Prussians) Windbüchse Jägers
Hungarian Rifleman, Hungarian Grenadier.

Unique Buildings: Art Academy

Guard Units: Guerrillas (Landenschutzen), Hussars (Hussar Magyar)

Unique Units and Unique Buildings Explanation:

Windbüchse Jägers - Austrian elite guerilla fighter with unmatched rate of fire and long range, with the ability to fire even concealed
(can be trained in age IV)

HP: 160. Resistance: 45% ranged attack. Speed: 4.25
Ranged attack: 22. Range: 24. x3 against heavy infantry x2.5 light cavalry x0.75 heavy cavalry (rate of fire instead of being 3 seconds like most shooters is 1.8)
Siege Attack: 17. Rank: 6
Melee attack: 7. x4 against heavy infantry x2.5 light cavalry. x0.75 heavy cavalry
Cost: 60 Food 90 Gold (only limited to creating 14 or 12)

Hungarian Rifleman: Sturdy line infantryman with powerful melee attack and good melee resistance.

HP: 165. Resistance: 35% Melee. Speed: 4.10
Ranged Attack: 20 Range: 12. x1.5 light cavalry
Siege Attack: 24. Rank: 6
Melee Attack: 18 x3 vs. Cavalry x2.0 vs. Shock Infantry
Cost: 70 Food 40 Gold

Hungarian Grenadier: Robust Grenadier who is capable of facing cavalry and razing buildings masterfully.

HP: 210. Resistance: 40% Melee. speed: 4
Ranged Attack: 19 Range: 12
Siege Attack: 78 Rank: 12
Melee Attack: 16. x2.5 against Heavy Cavalry
Cost: 130 Food 75 Gold

Art Academy: Building to view the artistic wonders of the empire and civil advancements
It has unique improvements for the settlers and the economy. can produce exp (1.25 per / second)
(Available age II)

Harmonic Composition: The flaming melodies of the nation’s composers increase people’s happiness by increasing their collection speed.
Villager adds 15% pickup boost to all actions
Cultural arts: thanks to the great architectural skills of our people our citizens can build buildings faster.
building construction speed -20%
9th Symphony: The creation of such a majestic piece of art improves the national prestige and that of its people by increasing its resistance.
Villagers are added 15% more HP
Art Without Borders: Despite the civil differences among the vast peoples of the empire, all appreciate the value of cultural art equally. Upgrade The resistance of the villagers is exchanged for rank resistance and their resistance improves.
Villager changes melee resistance by rank
Villager adds 10% ranged resistance
Grasslands People: Improves villagers’ melee damage and gives them a bonus against artillery
Villager improves melee damage by 100%
Villager adds bonus against artillery in melee attack x1.8
Cultural Centers: Improves the resistance points of the urban centers and grants them a small anti-siege armor
Urban Center improves resistance points by 20%
City Center gains 20% anti siege armor

Unique cards: (could be more but I can’t think of them)

Hungarian grasslands: Thanks to the green Hungarian grasslands cavalry can be trained for war and people no longer suffer from hunger.
Cavalry training time -20%
collection in mills or similar buildings 20% (only buildings that collect food)
(Age III)
Multi-Ethnic Empire: The different castes that live in the empire must be listened to as this is where national unity lies!
Native allies now train faster and have better damage in addition to being able to be trained in barracks and stables.
Native training time -60
Native Overall Damage 25%
(Age III)
Music School: Gives villagers more line of sight and better movement speed
Villagers add more 10 line of sight
villagers add 15% more movement speed
(Age II)
Archduke’s Legion: Each city center will grant 5 Hungarian Riflemen and their damage and resistance points are improved
Rifleman Adds 15% attack on all actions
Rifleman Adds 15% Stamina Points
(Age III / IV)
Tyrolean Mountains: Due to the mountainside that protects the pass to the capital, the use of detachments and skirmishers will help protect the pass.
2 Detachment Carts and 6 Guerrillas are sent, Improves the damage and resistance points of the detachments
Detachment Improves damage in all its actions 20%
Detachment Upgrade Stamina Points 20%

Letters to improve and to add (rev chile)
Third party tactics: it is honestly a very stale card (since it only changes the pikemen for rodeleros and that is something useless, the truth is that I propose that this card improve the damage and bonus of Spanish units
pikemen add an attack bonus against heavy infantry (x2)
Rodeleros improve their damage against Shock Infantry (x plus 1)
and is now available in Age II
Spanish gold fleet: it only gives you 3 galleans, they could make that card also improve the damage and the hp of the galleons by 15% and as an extra bonus they now produce a small amount of coins (1 coin per second each galleon)

Rev Chile, I’ll be honest, Chile is missing an egg of cards compared to other revolutions, it only has 2 I would like to add 2 more unique cards.
Presidential Bodyguard: Death Hussers can be upgraded to Imperial level
Huasos: Revolutionaries are upgraded into huasos and now have ranged resistance and a bonus against heavy infantry (x2)

Thanks for read

6 Likes

Really cool ideas!

Holy Roman Empire (present Germans civ)

I think the current Germans civ should remain - it would change its name to Holy Roman Empire. Its Age Up would refer to the countries that were part of the HRE, e.g. Bavaria, Bohemia, Switzerland and Saxony (these changes would be visual and replace boring Politicians. These could be flags + emblems of these countries with the contours of their borders on the map - additionally they could contain a short description ). Uhlan would become the default Hussar replacement unit for Holy Roman Empire civ, Asutria-Hungary civ and Prussians civ. Royal Guards and HC cards would be renamed more HRE. The description of civ in the AoE 3 encyclopedia would be slightly updated. This civ would receive a new Home City (Prague, Akwirzgan, Nurnberg or Frankfurt) and a Ruler (Sigismund of Luxembourg). In this way, changes to this civ would not affect the entertainment, but would make it more attractive and historically correct.

Prussians

In my opinion your suggestions for Prussians civ are really interesting. Here are some of my suggestions:

Landwehr - it could be a replacement for Minuteman for Holy Roman Empire, Austria-Hungary and Prussians civs. Could have the stats you provided and would be grouped just like Minuteman. His disadvantage would be that he would lose half his HP after a minute.

Their Unique Units could be:

1. Prussian Rifleman - your suggestion
  2. Silesian Schuetzen - Elite rifle-armed troops. They shoot from a long distance and deal massive damage at the cost of a very low rate of fire and training limit (only 10 such units at the same time)
  3. Teutonic Knight - Archaic heavy cavalry armed with a lance. Modeled on the Knights of the Order (Teutonic Knights and the Livonian Order). This unit would be the equivalent of the Elmeti.

Freikorps - voluntary, nationalist paramilitary formations operating in Germany in 1918–1922, founded by demobilized soldiers. So they don’t match in AoE 3.

It is too much. I think one building would be enough - Grube. It would be a building that would be built on a mine. Following the example of Mountain Monastery (a unique civ Ethiopian building), it would generate Coins or XP. Miners could be trained there. This building would have improvements such as: increasing the Coin abundance in Grube and increasing the number of trainable Miners. This building would contain a distinctive Headframe.

Austria-Hungary

In my opinion your proposals for Austria civ are much less attractive than Prussian civs.
You mentioned that Austro-Hungary was a multi-ethnic empire - that’s true. It is a pity that the units you specified focus only on two nations of this empire.

Landwehr - it could be a replacement for Minuteman for Holy Roman Empire, Austria-Hungary and Prussians civs. Could have the stats you provided and would be grouped just like Minuteman. His disadvantage would be that he would lose half his HP after a minute.

Their Unique Units could be:

1. Hajduk - weak archer. They would use axe in hand-to-hand combat.
  2. Pandurs - ranged light gunpowder infantry. They would use Yatagan in hand-to-hand combat. This unit would be the equivalent of the Russian Unique Unit - Strelet
  3. Windbüchse Jäger
  4. Hungarian Hussar

Hungarian Rifleman and Hungarian Grenadier sound more like upgrades for the Skirmisher and the Granadier, respectively. I think the Hungarian revolution available to Austria-Hungary civ would cover it perfectly - additionally it has the Hungarian Hussar.

I think the Philharmonic would be more Austrian. But it still seems to me that such a building would not exist in AoE 3.

I propose a different building:

Festung (connection of the Barrack with the Stable. Unlike Fort and Blockhouse, it doesn’t defend. It has more than 2700 HP, but requires 350 wood and the construction time is 45 seconds).

I invite you to my topic about a potential European DLC. There are some of my suggestions for Austria-Hungary & Prussians - and more. You can also help me there, because I did not focus so much on unit statistics and Home City cards - and I see that you know how to make it interesting :slight_smile:

1 Like

De hecho los freikorps existieron durante el reino de Prusia, y fueron usados la guerra de los 7 años, y las eras napoleónicas, los freikorps de la republica de weimar vinieron después.

2 Likes

Seems like a messy mechanic tbh, and quite strong in the early game. Half population points I’d avoid tbh.

what? :stuck_out_tongue:

Interesting, Ive been working on a Prussian civ myself and had designed something similar. But it was used more as the civ’s main mechanic.

Again interesting, Ive been working with a Military acadamy special building.

With that bonus XP coming all the time. How about giving them acces to a larger deck? like 5-10 cards extra instead of a boring discount on units?

1 Like

I like your ideas, but I think the new unique units you propose for the new civs are very specialized, and some of your bonuses a bit complex.
If I could suggest a bonus for every civ you propose, I would say that the Prussians generate their military units 5% faster and they give you 5% more XP, while the Austrians have a single villager unit (peasant) that collects faster from mills and plantations, and more slowly from hunting and mining.
I think an interesting way of representing diversity in the Austrian empire would be access to exclusive mercenaries, they could be very specialized rather than simply doubled versions of regular units, while their common army maintains the regular pattern of other Europeans.

1 Like

perdón eran 7 Pikemans pero me lo tradujo como… bueno tu sabes xd

si, siento que el imperio austriaco le falto eso en mi representación, pero mi idea siempre fue hacerlas mas únicas para que no se sintieran repetitivas xd