PUP September -Foliage Optimization-. Great News!

On my end, i do notice the difference. I used to play the game with max settings and the old zoom and got 30 fps, now with the same settings and adding the new zoom, i got constant 60 fps, and i would get probably more but i have it capped to that limit. Also, big 4 vs 4 battles against the ai at least don’t lag

1 Like

I´d love to propperly compare, but the game simply caps at 144fps.

Run it at 4k 200% very high settings

PuP:
4K 100% max settings = 75 fps
4K 200% max settings = 30 fps.
Current:
4K 100% max settings = 120 fps
4K 200% max settings = 30 fps

What cpu gpu do you have. You get lower fps in pup that’s strange

Did you check the GPU usage in 4K current and PUP?, It cannot be that there is a drop of so many frames, definitely the GPU must have lowered its consumption in PUP, it is strange. Analyze your configuration in detail in PUP, maybe you have limited fps or something similar, keep in mind that PUP and Current use completely different configuration directories.

Right I should have checked that.doing that tomorow.
@tahska
Running a rtx 3080 with ryzen 7 5800x 32gb ram on 3200mhz, on a m.2 nvme Samsung Evo 970.

OH please keep in mind, that I’m using 3 screens, wich also lowers the overall fps. Including background programms.

A more viable option if you want is to copy the content configuration of “Age of Empires 3 DE” and paste it in “Age of Empires 3 DE Update Preview”, so you will have in PUP the exact same configuration as the current version, also keep in mind that 4K + 200% reduces performance in a beastly way, since you would be practically simulating the performance of 8K :D.

Anyway with that good hardware you shouldn’t have so much difference between Current and PUP for the worse, I’m sure there must be something wrong, either VSYNC ON or Frame Limiter, Also, try to see the difference of Frames in maps with more foliage such as “Colorado”, “Borneo” or “Florida” Which are the ones that most stressed the GPU in the current version with the graphics to the maximum.

pd: Maybe one of the three screens is 75 Hz and having VSYNC Activated this limits the frames to 75 FPS?

1 Like

All 3 screens are running at 165hz,so more than the game would provide in any way…

Then it must be the FPS limitation in the PUP configuration, try what I recommend when you can, in transferring your current configuration to PUP, anyway, it would be great if you can monitor your GPU use, either with Geforce Experience or Rivatuner / Afterburner

1 Like

i have a similar setup with 6900xt and 5950x and i can confirm that 4k gets capped at 30fps on 200% and 4k 100% gets capped at 120fps

i think its a limit of the engine. i used the same setup when i was testing aoe4 public beta, but i am not sure if i can disclose those numbers here

Say no, otherwise I would say something too ^^

So you have your performance decreased???

Was there an update in the PUP from when this thread was created?

I think before this topic goes any further can the devs please confirm whether or not multithreading is coming to AOE3 in the next patch.
@Breadalus
@Ippert

Current:
100%

200%

PuP:
100%

200%

Ignore, that the numbers in the first 2 are smaller, the game is fucked up on pup for me. It chooses the right screen, not the center one -.-

love the big zoom.

OTOH PUP just wiped out ALL MY SAVED GAMES. EVEN MY CAMPAIGN SAVES.

Really? Was this REALLY NECESSARY? I’m glad I wasn’t that far into the campaign but even so, it’s a drag.

Wrecked all my custom settings, too. Again, don’t see any reason for that at all.

It didnt whipe, its a new game folder, to not interfer with your normal stats.

• Your Campaign progress and game options will not carry over

• Saved games may not be compatible with the current Live build, so name it something unique to Preview

• Replays will not be compatible with the current Live build, and like any build, will only be compatible with the corresponding build #

• Like with the Live game, Mods are disabled by default

3 Likes

I’ve gone back to the regular build. PUP was horrible on my system with 6 players or more.

When this goes from beta to full update will it wipe out saves again?

It never wiped anything. Whats the question?

2 Likes