(PUP) Units get stuck in uncrossable paths

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: ######
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Choose garrison point
  2. Train units
  3. Units get stuck on the way there
  4. Some go around the blocked path after finding an open one, some stop on the blocked path

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Unit avoids blocked path completely

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

As you can hopefully tell, this is the same spearman.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

SP Replay v101.102.14352.0 #(79888) @2023.03.24 220312.aoe2record (3,8,MB)

Hi @RatcicleFan
We are currently investigating an issue with pathing that is similar to this in PUP build, just to make sure, could you tell me the timestamp when the issue happen in the recorded game you sent me?

Thanks for the report :slight_smile:

I saved and quit the match to have a recording to post here then immediately came back to the match, so I didn’t actually check the recording. I’ll check it when I’m on PC again but it should be happening near the end of the recording.

Another problem I noticed is that, even after finding their way around the obstacle, the affected units would stop on the other side of it before going to the garrison point.

I’ll probably also include a record of the entire match, as I eventually noticed my units were going through Blue’s base to get to Red’s even though going south to get to Red would be the shorter path (and I was sending them south of Red anyway, which makes it even weirder.

I’m not being able to skip around on the recorded match, but the first bug I mentioned should be visible right at the start of this replay:
SP Replay v101.102.14352.0 #(79888) @2023.03.24 220312.aoe2record (3,8,MB)

You can see the units stopping behind the castle before moving to the gate where Cyan is invading.