Question regarding Multiplayer Lobby issue

I’ve been playing DE for about a week and I work odd hours but try and get in a game or two whenever I can. So far, I haven’t had to wait more than 5 mins for a rated game and Custom lobbies fill up pretty quick.

Something I’ve noticed that I am curious about. Whenever I create a custom lobby, I have noticed that my game doesn’t show up in the Lobby Browser. Even after waiting a few mins and after several refreshes, nothing. However, I’ve figured out that after canceling out and restarting a new lobby 5-10 times, it will eventually show up.

Is this a known issue?

Yes this is a known issue

1 Like

Have you tried manually selecting server when you create the lobby? instead of going just default server. This works for me, only with the lowest ping server tho.

1 Like

The default server option often creates my lobby on korean or european servers. I’m located in Brasil.

Ill try manually selecting the server. Thanks

This is a persistent, worldwide issue across all servers and the developers seem to be severely underestimating the impact of it. Doesn’t help that the moderators here shuffle threads about it into a single bug report thread from a month ago - that happened to my thread that I made about it recently.

Your game has a higher chance of becoming visible if you set it to either USWest or Western Europe(if you don’t, the chance is almost zero) but even then you will often have to re-host over and over before it becomes visible. Once it becomes visible, it fills instantly because of all the people looking for games in the lobby and being funneled into just a few options at any one time. This makes it annoying to get friends to join your game as well, since once the server works, it often fills up before you can invite them.

Yeah this is a huge mess at the moment. I’ve started manually selecting my server during setup and have noticed US WEST works more often than US EAST (which is best server for me). Even then, US WEST only works about 30% of the time.

And your right, room fills up.immediately.

Another giant missed opportunity is that there is no in-game rating display. This was taken for granted in Voobly but was a great help in setting up team games with random players. Can’t manually balance teams or suggest the 800 taring player find another game when the other 5 players in the game room are 2000+.

1 Like

Another giant missed opportunity is that there is no in-game rating display. This was taken for granted in Voobly but was a great help in setting up team games with random players. Can’t manually balance teams or suggest the 800 taring player find another game when the other 5 players in the game room are 2000+.

This is indeed a big issue, but there is in fact SOME indication of skill level - look at the border around their avatar. They come in bronze, silver and gold as well as no border. I think I’m the only one who has noticed this and there’s zero documentation as to what the border means, but better players definitely tend to have more fancy borders. This is how you tell a player’s league placement in Starcraft II, but it means something different in AoE2, as people who haven’t done ranked games still get borders after a while.

1 Like

The border means nothing. I have never played a single ranked match, I’m a awful standard game player and my avatar displays a golden border.