Quitters ruin most of the team games

In other strategy games, one can claim the base of a quitting ally… but that ain’t Aoe4. This has been a problem since the very beginning and it’s the most frustrating thing ruining the whole game experience. There’s no way one can fight against many with 200 unit cap. Fight will get to 400 vs 600 unit cap wise… Therefore, I always see rest of my team quitting and giving forfeit to enemies… yet, these quitters never get kick, no ban, nothing.

AT minimum let bot take over the quitter…

Example reasons:

• ally looses 4 sheep to enemy
  • ally sees approaching enemy army
  • just a disconnect
  • rage quit
  • enemy building to one’s base
  • loss of base
  • seeing another ally getting smashed
  • gf calls
5 Likes

I rage a lot when im getting attacked 3 on 1.

2 Likes

The most popular mod of the game (Advanced Settings) has an option that if the ally leaves the game, the resources of that ally who has left and the population are distributed equally among his teammates.

It may be a good solution.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer! Sounds fabulous. I’d really vote for implementing it to ranked team games.

1 Like

Thanks, I know it’s frustrating, but I have won many games like that. First, they smash my town to bits in Feudal 3v1, but then my allies in Castle pushes them back. In the end, you might be the winning factor of the game. Just rebuild your town elsewhere as your other allies may be well ahead with their ecos and ofc, egos :smiley:

I’ve noticed in some of my games that by the time the game has got started one of my allies has gone afk and simply does not move right from the get go of the match which is annoying as they then get steam rollered.

I have a very good suggestion, so that players who are looking for matches can replace those who quit the game

This is often the real answer to why people ‘rage quit’. It is because their allies are all trying to race to imperial or following a build guide that they are too afraid to deviate from.

Or matchmaking decides to put you against a 4 man premade team while giving you 3 allies under level 30 lol.

More often than not the writing is on the wall when you take a quick look at map and it is more time efficient to find a new match.

1 Like

Or just make the surrender option a team option. If you want to surrender start a vote.

Otherwise is a quit, and should be punished.

There are games that are very lost and some players of a team do not see that they are lost and waste their teammate’s time. Giving them the resources and the population is a compensation where the one who withdraws wins and the one who wants to stay wins.

1 Like

Yes, there are such games, but it also applies the other way around - I see players quitting thinking way too early this is surely lost when there is still a great chance.

This has gotten me couple of times - I got smashed and didn’t see any point to continue. However, I stayed till the very end and by my own surprise, we won.

I don’t think so.

But in the other hand, they changed the elimination by landmark from single player to the whole team since obviously you are playing a team game.

I think make surrender a team option would make people play more teamming since they’ll know they can’t just quit if his build doesn’t go as expected.

Right now playing vs premades is so unfair since they will not surrender when you destroy a player. But if someone of your team just get harassed by knights or lost his main base he will just quit.

On the other hand, giving the resources and the pop for the other players is unfair since you eliminated a player. Imagine a 2v2 game, one of the players is very skilled and rushed to imp with a good eco, and the other team destroyed in castle the other guy. Then this guy quits and now the player who just rushed imperial has a good eco, imperial and even 400 population… I don’t see it clear to be honest.

It is not unfair because they are not giving away neither units nor buildings to the allies, it is simply giving the population space (they have to build the houses and produce units) and the resources equally.

It might be a more feasible solution than forcing a player to stay in a game he doesn’t want to.

In SC2 you can directly control also the base of the resigned player, but I don’t go that far.

1 Like

Much of the times is not just they don’t want to stay in the game, people got mad for getting harassed and if there’s not penalty for just quit they will do it.

If they got a penalty for quit, and they need to start a vote to surrender all as a team for me is more logic than the actual approach, I will explain why: when you start a team match you need to think and play as a team, not as an individual. They actually changed the way a player get eliminated and right now one can lose all their landamrks and will not get eliminated. When you “force” a player to stay, force him to not give up as fast, he now have a reason to stay.

Right now I’ve played 3 4v4 matches, in the first match a player got disconnected in the loading screen, so gg from th start (-27 points), I’ve won the second, and then in the third match a guy surrendered when he saw an army of 15 samurai heading to his base (he was mongol, 2 TC, no army).

It’s a very selfish decission, I was abbasid, 2 TC, attacking a french player from the start, and that guy did not surrender despite I was killing his villagers, towering his golds, etc… Why he not surrender? Because they are premade, and 3 guys defended him.

Meanwhile, an army of 15 samurais say hello from the horizon and that dude thinks “it’s over, I will quit”. But there isn’t a penalty for doing this, so people will execute his build order, and if something isn’t as he has planned in his mind, then quit.

PS. They need to do something with the crashes in loading screen ASAP. I can’t count the times I’ve lost a game in the loading screen because someone just crashed. In that situation the game should just cancel the match. Right now is ridiculous, since you’ve lost a match you didn’t even played, AND you can’t exit from the match until minute 4-5 because you get a penalty for early quitting.

If there is hardly any penalty for dodging, don’t expect to be penalized for that.

They have to ensure everyone’s gaming experience and it seems simpler to me to implement the system that will favor the disadvantaged allies.

1 Like