Random Consistent Multiplayer Crash

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

• BUILD #: 5771976
  • PLATFORM: Steam

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:question: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). Limit to ONE issue per thread.

Here is the problem I’m experiencing…:
I’ve played around 8 games multiplayer with one friend on Discord on AoE3, all mostly 2v2v2 or 2v2v2v2. Of these 8 games, 7 ended up crashing at one point, varying from late to mid game. The crashes are simultaneous with multiple players of the game (varified with my friend not crashing, and me crashing, while he sees opponents also suddenly disconnecting). This is the primary issue, and has prevented me from completing more than 1 multiplayer match.
I play on the EUW servers.
I have a high-spec PC (see pc specs below in google drive file), my friend plays on a laptop, we both have the issue.
The issue is almost always occuring for us both, but only once he was still in the game while I was thrown out.
I’ve already tried to lower the graphical settings of aoe3 ingame, and I’ve completly reinstalled the game, both didn’t help.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:question: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST.

• 100% of the time / matches I play (ALWAYS)
    7/8, rounded up, is all the time. 50% is too little for a bug of this severity.

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:question: List the DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Start a multiplayer game (with 6 or more players?)
  2. Play the game
  3. 7/8 chance your game crashes (I’m sorry for not being able to provide more, but there is no common denominator across the crashes, the crashes are both in moments of high activity and low activity, mid and late game. The only common thing is that I’ve always played the Dutch, but multiple people are crashing in these multiplayer lobbies.)

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:question: What was supposed to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

Nothing, or better said, the game not crashing and forcing me to ‘force shut it down’ with windows.

:arrow_forward: ACTUAL RESULT

:question: What actually happened (what went wrong) because of the issue you’re reporting?

The thing that went wrong, was the game crashing resulting in me having to force shut down the game using a pop-up from windows.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES

:question: Include a [OneDrive or Google Drive link] to a SAVE GAME or REPLAY FILE (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE & ATTACHMENTS

:question: Attach a relevant PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif), VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube), DXDIAG FILE (.txt), or [CRASH/GAME LOGS (.aoe2record, .txt)] below.

• /
3 Likes

I have got the same problem…

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty bad that I literally can’t play multiplayer -_-

1 Like

Let’s hope they fix this soon.

2 Likes

Same here, i also can’t build walls since everytime i click on a settler do to something like building houses it doesn’t build a house and stay in the menu, it closes the menu the second i click to build it, idk what is wrong or something i did, but wondering if anyone has a fix to that

2 Likes

Exactement le même problème , j’ai installé le jeu il y’a 1 semaine, incité par des collègues et amis, impatient d’y jouer, et motivant d’autres amis à rejoindre le serveur, grande est ma déception à l’heure ou j’écris ce message par une énième partie multijoueur crashée.

Sur 6 parties , 3 parties ont crashé, je n’ai pu apprécier que 3 parties multijoueurs entière.
Serveur EUW, partie avec un ami + 1-2 IA, crash aléatoire qui m’expulse de la partie me forçant à fermer la fenêtre du jeu. Crash indépendamment de ma connexion et des performances de mon ordi (Lenovo I5 4 cœurs neufs)

J’espère vraiment un patch correctifs le plus tôt possible afin d’apprécier pleinement la partie sans peur qu’elle s’arrête .

1 Like

Really annoying… I have played my best 3v3 match for the last several weeks, both teams were balanced but we pushed them step by step… After like an hour of playing of indecisive strikes and counterstrikes the game crashes for me. So I do not know how the game would end up…

It is weird after so many hotfixes the game continues to crash… I am upset…

thank you…

Just another crash in a good game…

I have exact issue - started about a month ago.

what is interesting is now my Skirmish (single player) games are also crashing now. it used to be only multi-player games up to now. I am not seeing any response since this issue reported. what is the process for this issue to be reviewed or responded back by the support? it is so annoying that I am planning to cancel my Xbox subscription.