Randomly Generated Terrain on Amazon map prevents placement of Trading Post

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: (Current build as of 2/17/2021)
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam / Microsoft Store
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Mac / Linux

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
Was playing a skirmish on Amazon map, 2v2. Spawned on north side of map. Ally spawned east of me. I went to build a Trading Post on the easternmost location but the ground was a steep hill directly over the location to place the Trading Post and the game said the terrain made it impossible to place the building. I was sad. The entire game progressed with that post left empty as not even the AI could place a Trading Post on the spot either. (See attached screenshot). This is the first time I’ve encountered this problem on this map after several previous matches.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. choose the Amazon map
  2. 2v2, two teams of two
  3. launch the game.
  4. repeat until error occurs due to randomly generated terrain and trade post placement produces the problem by chance.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
I could place a Trading Post without incident.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe3Ysav) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe3Yrec) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.
I did not record the game.

2 Likes