Ranked Map 2v2 - Civilization changed as the game was loading in

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.47820.0 6624001
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.

Basically I queued for RM ranked 1v1 and 2v2. I got accepted into a 2v2, and picked Civilization Mongols. However, as the game loaded the splash screen showed I was now Civilization Ethiopians.

To confirm that this was a bug, my team mate typed in game mentioning that he thought I picked Mongols.

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• Less than 25% of the time / matches I play (RARELY)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Picked Civilization Mongols for RM Ranked Queue with 1v1 and 2v2 ticked
  2. Game Starting for 2v2
  3. On load screen Civilization changed from Mongols to Ethiopians

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?

My Civilization should have been Mongols

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

“Sorry new users cannot upload attachments”

https://aoe2recs.com/api/download/2946745

1 Like

Yeah because probably Random Civ Option was chosen by the other 3 Players.
You civ picker

2 Likes

Well yeah, I picked a Civilization… so why did it go Random?

My ally also picked Civilization

@SlyFox79356 there is a small yellow shield with a question mark next to the civ you picked. This is the “preferred random” option, meaning that if all players in your game have turned it on, the game will launch with random civs, regardless of anyone’s pick.

If you don’t wish to receive random civilization and instead be guaranteed to have the civilization you picked, just click on that icon to disable preferred random option.

1 Like

Worth noting that not all players need to have it enabled. Just majority is enough to activate it.

Well… I will ask my team mate to not have it selected then. If he still chooses to have it accepted and I get random Civilization I would feel like just resigning at the start.