Ranked matches?

Just thought about it. Does anyone of you think they’ll make a ranked match making queue?

It “may” be interesting to have some kind of ranked system/statistics sooner or later implied to the game aswell as custom gamemodes but I don’t know if that’ll ever happen.

If they want to make a serious RTS then they need to include a ladder and possibly leagues.

If they are just making a niche nostalgia product they may not include these things.

It is better off without these tbh

they better have a 1v1 ranked, and 2v2 party quicksearch option. its gonna be lit

@devlud said:
It is better off without these tbh

Could you elaborate?

How could PvP be better with no matchmaking system?

The best ranked matchmaking system is like gaming zone/ESO. Please add 2v2 or 3v3 in ranked games with friends. This is a missing feature in AOM:EE :’(

@bubble said:
they better have a 1v1 ranked, and 2v2 party quicksearch option. its gonna be lit

That would be really cool! Especially 2v2 party quicksearch. 8player Free for all Skirmish mode would be fun aswell but not as a Ranked queue I guess =P

I totally agree. Right now on Aoe2 HD, the most annoying thing is, that you cant find people on your skill level. I really think it would be an improvement for gaming experience if they add a ladder system. It’s the well made ladder that got me addicted to wc3 and sc2.

In a commercial view of the topic, i think this is also interessting. I guess they also will start with ingame purchases (Like skins and announcer etc.) like on sc2. If people play a game longer, its more likely that they spend more money on ingame purchases.