Ranked + Matchmaking system on PC

Hello,
We currently dont know a lot about the game and any specifics regarding the multiplayer of AoE DE.
I think it is safe to assume that the horrible lagg that AoE 2 HD has on steam will be no problem but I want to stress that its REALLY important for the “hardcore” playerbase to have a decent MM system with a good ranked system to back it up. Not only would it help the experienced players who would always have decent matches against someone who is somewhat good in the game but it would also help new players who wont get dumpstered by people who have been playing RTS games for 10+ years.

What do you guys think ?

@ForehandChip46 said:
Hello,
We currently dont know a lot about the game and any specifics regarding the multiplayer of AoE DE.
I think it is safe to assume that the horrible lagg that AoE 2 HD has on steam will be no problem but I want to stress that its REALLY important for the “hardcore” playerbase to have a decent MM system with a good ranked system to back it up. Not only would it help the experienced players who would always have decent matches against someone who is somewhat good in the game but it would also help new players who wont get dumpstered by people who have been playing RTS games for 10+ years.

What do you guys think ?

Such a great idea! But to think that this game have that kind of feature, it must supported by a good community. Hope that community in this game not corrupted as … you know, like most popular MOBA or FPS community. Cancerous.

An upvote for this one. AoE has an outstanding capability for ranked games. I can imagine this is a boost for long time motivation and inviting friends to play along with you.

@Frintezz1 said:

Hope that community in this game not corrupted as … you know, like most popular MOBA or FPS community. Cancerous.

I think those players are too agressive for an rts game and controlling 200 units is also too difficult for them 'cuz for years they controlled only one.

A matchmaking as starcraft could be great .
I am really exciting with this game (AOE of course). And i hope that we can have competition as other RTS (starcraft, warcraft …).

See you on the battleground :).

I would love matchmaking and a decent server browser. Ranked games, too, should be implemented, like in AoE2HD.

And i hope that we can have competition as other RTS (starcraft, warcraft …)

If nothing else than graphic change, that’s not possible. So i think is not the objectif of aoe-de.

Elo system for ranked like msnzone had for aoe 1 n 2. and no decay. Decay killed aoe3 competitive scene.

i disagree about a matchmaking system, that mean there will be “standard” settings but the variety in age of empires games is one of theire strenght.
And obviously there will be an elo system. This is THE only way to have balanced games.

I would recommend a way to prevent stacking of teams in a ranked game. If a game is to be ranked it should randomly pick players then even the teams out by whatever scoring \ ranking system is implemented for example best and worse player and best in the lobby would be put on the same team. Then move down the list. First and Second best player should never be on The same team as another example

I’d love a matchmaking system where I get matched with people who aren’t as pro as me. Balance is so important.

@ComboCookie said:
I’d love a matchmaking system where I get matched with people who aren’t as pro as me. Balance is so important.

i agree with you, i have recents memories of me getting wiped by vietnamite ppl from Gameranger, at minute 8+ hahaha. while i was stuck in stone age, at least they made me to get better at making my eco :slight_smile:

I think matchmaking would be the only logical way to keep the playing field level.