Ranked teamgame pre-game screen unresponsive during countdown

:arrow_forward: GAME INFORMATION

:point_down: These details are CRITICAL; DO NOT skip them or your issue may not be reviewed.

• GAME BUILD #: 101.101.56005.0 7694700
  • GAME PLATFORM: Steam
  • OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 and Windows 7

:arrow_forward: ISSUE EXPERIENCED

:point_down: DESCRIBE THE ISSUE IN DETAIL (below). LIMIT TO ONE BUG PER THREAD.
After a game has been found, I can’t click anything on the pre-game screen. Most importantly, I cannot choose a civ for the map, but it stays at the one that was previously selected. Can’t open the technology tree or the ‘ready’ button either. After the countdown has finished, the game starts as normally, with the civ that had been logged in.

This happens to both me (win 7) or my friend (win 10) once about every 8 games and has so far only happened in teamgame parties.
(Maybe it has only happened for the pleyer who was invited so far, not sure about that though.)

:arrow_forward: FREQUENCY OF ISSUE

:point_down: How often does the issue occur? CHOSE ONE; DELETE THE REST!

• 25% of the time / matches I play (SOMETIMES)

:arrow_forward: REPRODUCTION STEPS

:point_down: List CLEAR and DETAILED STEPS we can take to reproduce the issue ourselves… Be descriptive!

Here’s the steps to reproduce the issue:

1. Make ranked party.
  2. Queue up.
  3. Wait until game has been found.
  4. Try to select a civ during the 1 minute countdown.

:arrow_forward: EXPECTED RESULT

:point_down: What was SUPPOSED to happen if the bug you encountered were not present?
Civ selection screen can be opened. ‘Ready’ button can be clicked. Tech tree can be opened. Buttons’ color lightens up on mouseover.

:arrow_forward: IMAGE

:point_down: ALWAYS attach a PICTURE (.jpg, .png, .gif) or VIDEO (.mp4, YouTube link) that highlights the problem.

I can take a screenshot of the menu without mouseover effect next time it happens.

:arrow_forward: GAME FILES (SAVE / RECORDING)

:point_down: Attach a SAVE GAME (.aoe2spgame) or GAME RECORDING (.aoe2record) of the match where you encountered the issue. Link it below if using an external file service.

• The actual game is running normally.
4 Likes

Hey, this is a known issue, thx for the report.
Have a nice day

@Kraken2114 Are you sure this issue only pops up after you found a game? I have the same issue as you, but it starts when entering the ranked queue screen.

It happens to me, too, after accepting an invite.

A friend of mine has exactly the same issue. He is on windows 8.

@Mercy9545 So far, it has only happened after a game was found.
But that might be bad luck or a related issue.

Happens also to me.
Additionally to that I sometimes have a black screen after resigning and can’t gb to the main menu.
The black screen only occurs if I previously the GUI on match countdown locked so I couldn’t select civs.

Bro srsly that sucks.

same issue here, twice in my last 3 games

Something that might help: to me it happens when I have the civ pick screen open while I’m queued up. When It finds a match it automatically closes the civ pick screen, but doesn’t release the mouse capture from it. Or so it seems.

1 Like

actually, the bug occurs if you are picking civ at the moment a match is found. Then the screen is unresponsive