Ranking on AoE : DE?

Hi,

Is there going to be a competitive ranking on AoE : DE (ELO like AoE2 for example) ?

Because the statistics page on the website is just a simple page of stats, nothing very competitive in my opinion.

There’s supposed to be some sort of ranking system I think. Lobbies were showing an “ELO” number of 1600 base. Afaik it was only affected by 1v1 games.

I don’t know what ELO means though :wink:

@Penelinfi Maybe Electric Light Orchestra :smiley:

@PCS70 said:
@Penelinfi Maybe Electric Light Orchestra :smiley:

Yeah, ELO is Electric Light Orchestra, Elo is a rating system, named after its inventor Arpad Elo. :slight_smile:

@Penelinfi & @PCS70

Now you know what it is.

I knew it was a rating system but thought that ELO was an acronym for something :slight_smile:

I agree with you though, so forgive my kidding. It does take more than just a ladder with stats for competition to succeed. Do you have any suggestions?

@PCS70 I didnt take badly your joke don’t worry :slight_smile:

Well, in my opinion the best way for an effective competitive multiplayer is to use an rating system (like ELO) for each game category

For example :

A specific rating for the game mode “RM (random map) 1vs1” which would be dissociated from the mode " RM - 2v2" which will have its own rating so, and the same for “RM 3vs3” etc etc…

This system will work equally well for DM (deathmatch). We could see the ranking of a player on his profile for example or on the statistics page and we could see also a page dedicated to the world ranking by category (like leaderboard so).

It’s necessary to make categories so that the ELO is representative of your level.

The mistake would be to make a single rating for RM and DM like there is on Age Of Empires 2 HD. The reason of that is the 1vs1 is completely different compared to a team game, you can be very strong in 1vs1 but stink ■■■■ in 3vs3 for example and win the game, thanks to other circumstances. In that case, as result , the ELO is not at all representative of your level.

I would like to know what you think about that

@Noojh I agree on more ladder categories. A ladder per map type, victory type and region would be welcome. But to aid whole competition more a ‘free to move around’ spectator function will help too, this is very different from just watching a live stream.

nm

Of course, the spectator mode would be appreciated by the community it’s obvious, I’m pretty sure if we take time look around the forum we will find tons of post speaking about this request. Unfortunetly, this mode wasn’t present at the beta, was it wanted? I don’t know, hope this will be there at the release or very soon.

It shouldn’t be forgotten that the main objective for this game is to give a second breath graphically with some improvements, a better playing comfort for the player than before. To be honest, they seem to be in the right way to succeed their objective. I don’t know for the future if they will invest more time to further improvements or leave it as it will be on it’s release, because many people are already talking about a AoE II DE and they sometimes have the annoying tendency to let their game rot once out. Well, we’ll see soon enough

@HandSoloh
A Newtonmeter would be a nice stat indeed. How much MW of AOE you have played in your life?
In your case a rushmeter would be more applicable I guess. :wink:

@PCS70 said:
@HandSoloh
A Newtonmeter would be a nice stat indeed. How much MW of AOE you have played in your life?

I couldn’t delete my post. I edited it to “NM” NM=nevemind

@HandSoloh said:

@PCS70 said:
@HandSoloh

I couldn’t delete my post. I edited it to “NM” NM=nevemind

Well you gave him something to torque about because he had a moment

Interesting