RE: The new Indian Flag is Problematic and Arguable

as a military leader and skill level he is fine enough. Though he wasn’t all white washed! but yea he turned from being worse, to , less bad, in his duration, due to some good influence and his own curiosity n skill.

ABSOLUTELY 100% CORRECT !!! NO DOUBT AT ALL !!! WELL SAID !!!

ABSOLUTELY TRUE!

1 Like

This is why I think players should have a selection of flags they may have use withing the game’s timeframe, depending on Civilization. Pick all possible flags that may have been used by the people of that era, instead of limiting them to that of a single state.

In the case of India, they could give them the option of using flags used by the Mughals, Mysoreans, Marathans, Sikh, etc. That way everyone can choose what they want without depriving others.

2 Likes

Pata was used by rajputs also. Don’t depend too much on Wiki. Even that flag page, its not accurate.

None of the Mughal rulers were beloved my majority of Indians, imo. The records are from Mughal courts which only show them in positive light. All of them exploited Hindus.

The Marathas and Shivaji Maharaj are descendants of Maharana Pratap. They have full lineage records. That’s why weapons are similar. In any case neither Rajput, Mughal or Marathas ruled over complete India during that time. It was Britishers.

Coming back to topic. I don’t really care about the flag. Or Brahmins as explorers. It’s a game.
If allowed to tweak. I would rather have the heavy infantry multiplier removed from Mahouts to make them proper lancers. And artillery multiplier removed from zamburak. So that the camel and Elephant units have unique roles.

1 Like

TRUE! Too much of false info online especially regarding India and then far second ,china following after

Off-Topic : On that points : according to legends Marathas and Rajputs, each belong to Warrior clans of Luv and Kush each.

I literally heard a very good pro player n friend, that if this flag continues he will not switch to DE, and probably will continue on legacy , he also dont have a great PC but he not even want to try

Good for your friend, although I am not sure how different legacy flag is to DE. I am an indian too and in no way think the current flag is wrong or problematic. Devs had to chose a flag amongst multiple cultures that have had kingdoms and dominions of indian subcontinent. They chose the one which best fits the time period. We will never be able to settle on one, given none of them will ever be representative of whole India.

Dude, I am from India too. In no way I find the flag offensive because it’s just a video game. There’s no content in the game that could really hurt any Indian sentiment. I think one of the reasons why they chose a Mughal flag is because they’ve had the 3rd longest reign after Maurya and British empire and also they suit the timeline that this game takes place (15th to 19th century) and also the AI character for India is Akbar, who is a Mughal emperor. Although, this game represents India as British Raj at best, they can’t just add that flag because it has to be represented as an independent civilization. The game needs all of its bugs fixed first. Don’t make a huge mess out of these things. If you or your friend want to play with a different flag, just use the flag maker.

2 Likes

@BonnyMountain91 this was the one from legacy! Fairly UNarguable ! in legacy 2005 they changed the flag to this, for almost the simmilar reasons! I still would chose this one OR any freedom fighter one(as per the India campaign of the game) than a pseudo-saffavid flag to represent the whole Indian Sub-Continent!

No one/even most Indians can’t ever identify India, with current Indain flag!

1 Like

I believe that India should be totally redesigned, being such a large and diverse country with such a complex history, it is very difficult to establish a single entity that represents them all and above all include its entire historical spectrum from the Mughal empire to the East. India Company, is like trying to bring together all the native peoples of North America in a great civilization, it would be impossible for everyone to be happy and accurate.
Later, perhaps in new expansions, it would be convenient to divide the civilization into 2 or 3 different civilizations, in my opinion the Mughal empire and the Maratha confederation with different mechanics and units, and that the sepoys and gurkhas are mercenary units.

1 Like

man, how is this even important, people really get offended over a little tiny flag

did you really dig back to a 3 year old post, after not posting for 2 years, just to say other people are easily offended?

2 Likes

Apparantly the topic is easily a very arguable (and offending as well) , its just that, the game doesnt have enough Indian players Yet.

Also welcome back after 2 years xd just to say that

lol, well i was searching for the Indian flag (old one) cuz i really couldn’t find it anywhere in HD and by seeing this i noticed why it could of been changed as well which is a pretty weird reason to me (to say the least)… i remember getting a reply once saying that the Greeks would come for me for putting the Macedonian red flag and i was like “so what?”

i don’t think the time even matters though, idk why you make it sound like i’m being ridiculous about it, it’s like not watching a movie because it’s too old or avoiding playing a game… so much for freedom of expression

did you seriously just drop a “muh freedom of speech” while in the same post calling people easily offended for making their own statements of opinion. good grief thats embarrassing.

1 Like

Lol your humor literally gets me laughing alot of times! On most pf posts, thanks for the factual correct humor you provide on this forum, u a gem. :joy::joy::heart:

1 Like

i didn’t call anyone “easily offended” or “woke” as you are implying, i’m not republican either since you obviously think i am, i simply stated something obvious in a post that made no sense to me cuz i felt like doing it Lol, it’s silly but it wasn’t harmful, besides i’m not the one who seems offended atm…

Leaving that aside and being serious, there’s Indians in the same thread that said before they don’t mind it if the flag is changed or not. The people who supported this post didn’t research anything and immediately find excuses to argue like you are doing it now for the laughs like a “smarty” now that’s embarrassing kid, by being rude for no reason and assuming stuff, the fact that you came here after 3 years to reply to me doesn’t make you any better than me, you are literally doing the same thing i did while actually getting offended which is ironic. If you had a bad day i understand it, you don’t need to attack me

1 Like

understandable, have a nice day

except i was being sarcastic!, no one ever get offended at flags that’s my point, and i also said the freedom of speech reply as sarcasm lmao, i have Indian friends and they don’t care about this, i’m sorry if i made a mess i guess XD (btw i played dansil92’s maps in aoe3, they are pretty good [nah they average at best] too so seeing him here was awesome hahah)

2 Likes