Reason why Malians and Ottomans are bundled together

Paranoia aside, why is it so “great”? So for you, being African is not “great”?

What’s so great about being European, Asian, or hybrid (multi continent or multi civilizational)?

It’s just what it is.

What on earth are you talking about?

1 Like

What on earth are YOU talking about ?

I never said anything of the sort.

What’s wrong with you? You just did.

You said people are saying Ottomans are “super-great” just because they’re pointing out the obvious: it’s a mix of European, Asian and Middle East civilizations.

Again, what on Earth are you talking about? What’s so great about it?

If you aren’t just trolling then you’ve clearly misread or misunderstood the comments.

The “Byzantines” are Roman. They’re the Eastern Roman Empire, their capital is Nova Roma, also known as Constantinople.

Greeks were also Roman citizens.

They maintained Roman Law and culture. Rome was Christian longer than it was polytheistic. They were also the same size for a decent chunk of it.

Rome isn’t part of AOE4. There’s the Holy “Roman” Empire, but they’re German, not Roman. They have no actual ties to historical Roman culture, religion, or succession.

And I hope they’re called the historical, proper name when added: Eastern Roman Empire.

2 Likes

I think they added them because they were the most important non-european states after the ones we have ingame.

I didn’t hear Andalus isn’t European. It felts Europans to me until this time.

To be honest, Rus is also considered Eastern until Peter the Great (1682-1725) reforms. Therefore, it is normal that Golden Horde isn’t also considered Europeans. Who is European or not modern discussion btw. In Medieval, there isn’t a discussion about this.

1 Like