Recommendations for Russian and Ottoman combat units

I think Russia also needs some powerful units, because Russia’s population efficiency is too low, the Russian musketeers are the most vulnerable, and the Russian pikemen still occupy a population even if their combat effectiveness is so weak.

2 Likes

I think one obvious solution for Russians would be one of two options:

1. Increase their pop cap to 210 or 215 and increase the movement speed of their infantry a little, thus allowing them to keep sustained pressure away from their production centers more easily, or…
  2. Give them access to a high hp infantry unit in Age 4; something akin to the soldado, with high pop and which can’t be directly trained, but available through shipments or as autogenerated units at the factory or something. This would give them an attack anchor to soak damage and sustain pressure late game.
    Either one seems good. Both would be overkill in my opinion.
2 Likes

Indeed, China can have a population of 220. The combat efficiency of Russian individual soldiers is even lower than that of many Chinese units. Russian melee cavalry are light cavalry, and Russian infantry has very little HP. Only 300HP47AP, so the future should be to choose one of individual soldier enhancement or population increase to balance.

1 Like