Reconnecting to multiplayer matches - STILL NOT ADDED

u play for 1 hour then ur internet decides to stop for 1 second and then boom…u are out of the game :smiley: come on we are in almost 2021 how a game cant have an reconnect system ?

2 Likes

well in call of duty is the same xD

Yeah i think this should be a first priority thing to do, it’s almost 2021 come on.

These kind of things are most likley very difficult to add or change because a lot of programmers back when this game was coded didn’t document things very well.

add reconection option to the match?

• yes, i want reconect option, specially on 4vs4 or 3vs3 matches.
    • no, the game doesnt need it
    • i dont care, there are more important things
    • please please please add reconection , i say again please.
      [/poll]

well a failed attempt to build a poll

7 Likes

Just gives 2 minutes to reconnect, would be perfect.

On legacy it was 60 seconds. I can’t count how many times I crashed or someone disconnected internet and it was too late by 10 seconds.

No need to give more, nobody will wait 5 minutes for a missing player.

2 Likes

Yes, please. Resign is different from disconnect.

Idk how it should work in 1v1, but in some teamgames, u can hold a few minutes without 1 ally, if he reconnects the game continues and there’s a chance to win, but when ur m8 disconnects, u will hardly win a N vs N-1

1 Like

maybe if we could activate an option to have reconection as an option, so if we want to wait someone 5 min we could.
Just if we playing with friends

I agree with you my friend.
I would also like that if there is lag during the game, the game will stop until the synchronization is generated again and that the game simply does not continue as it was in vanilla.

1 Like

@EliteRiflemann that’s bad idea to revert to that. Because one player is having PC issues…should everyone in the game have the lag experience also? I prefer the way it is now.

2 Likes

Well, in fact that happens to me mainly due to my connection, let’s say I live in a very southern country, it is really very sad that in one of those lag attacks I lose the timing or the micro.

30 min into treaty and for safety you should keep it 2-5 min, but yeah its so incredibly stupid to not add it imo, dont understand the leadership behind the game…

1 Like

Was playing ranked 2v2 Tr40, and after 1 hour of playing my game crashed.

It’s the first time I experience this myself and i feels horrible, even worst because we we’re winning a close match vs high rank players.

What cause it? I have no idea, was destroing their town, lots of units beeing build, etc same as others games.

Now I am 15positions back on the tr40 leader board, after climbing 1 or 2 rating per game

I get it, crashes happen, but plz just pause the game and let me reconect, just like the old game, where players could vote to continue or wait. It’s the only thing I want now, beeing able to reconnect to a game after crash.

Agreed.

Worst case scenario is they cant stop the game (and restarting the game can be very long, so it is hard to expect people to wait there), I’d wish they use the same trick as some MOBA games uses: have an AI fill the place of the lost player. This way, at least that would not necessary lose the game for the unfortunate team and the disconnected player would have time to come back and still be able to take

On the original aoe3, the game would stop waiting for the missing player to reconnect, sometimes that is enough.

On treaty we invest to mutch time, I am only able to play 2 games for a day, so having a crash on the end of one of that games is a big disappointment.

3 Likes

I am sorry, dear devs, it just makes no sense

In 2020 majority of online games nowadays have reconnection options, including SC2
Apparently ther is no such option after some crash/disconnection at Multiplayer game, thus it leads to a ruining game experience to ALL players on the map, whether it is 1x1 game or 4x4. 1 Missing player means game is automatically lost.

Please comment on such and pelase tell us that in future you will add this feature so our gaming experience will be much more higher quality than it is now.

p.s. almost every game somebody has internet/software/hardware issue, which could lead to a whole disconnection, even a small package loss.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure i could reconnect from disconnection, not crash, with the beta in february/march. Did they remove it?

there was no such button when i entered the multiplayer zone after crash (something with RAM)

No, crash didn’t have this function; i am saying if you disconnected but were still in the map, it would try to reconnect.

You still reconnect to the game when you loose your connection. But only 1 minute time.
He wants to reconnect when the game closes.

1 Like