Recorded Games Stop if someone resigns or dc

hey guys have noticed a few times that if someone leaves or dc the recording ends and cant watch the rest of the game any idea on if this is just it or a setting i can change thanks

6 Likes

had the same issue, someone disconnected (because of this multiplayer dc glitch) and the replay only recorded until his dc

1 Like

I attempted to watch a replay of game where one of my team mates dropped a 3v3. Me and my other friend played the rest of the game and won. The replay ends at the point where our 3rd guy dropped even though we finished out the game. i retested this in another replayer where a player dropped and same result

Game Version:

• December patch
  • Steam

Issue:

Just played my first multiplayer on the December patch and we played a game where 1 player quit half way. The recorded game also ended when that player quit, despite the fact that the rest of us were still in the game and actually finished the game.

Also selecting units from other player while watching the replay played back the wrong voices in the wrong language.

Reproduction Steps:

1. (List the steps we can take to reproduce the bug ourselves…)
  2. …

(ATTACH A SCREENSHOT IF YOU ARE ABLE!)

2 Likes

too bad the patch didnt fix this dc to desktop issue do these guys know what they are doing?

I believe the recorded games was actually fixed for a patch a bit back. Current patch recorded games do not work though.

Ok, I have absolutely no idea what’s going on.

If I watch some recorded games. Sometimes it stops when the first person leaves, other times it plays through to the end.

The only thing I think it could be is that if any defeated player drops instead of resigns then the recording stops

This is specially frustrating in FFA recorded games… Given that I only play FFA

Game Version: 101.101.34793.0

• Build (4597979)
  • Platform Steam

Issue:

Its the second time it happens to me. I just had this AWESOME game, my ally droped early, so it was 2v1, yet still I won. Went to see the RG and the RG just stops when my ally droped. As if the match ended there. It happened before, a 3v2 I had the exact same thing. The guy on the other team quited (or crashed, maybe?) and I went to watch the RG and it would end just when the guy droped.

Reproduction Steps:

1. Enter a match (ranked or normal)
  2. Have someone drop the game at any given time
  3. Continue the game for quite some time (both times the game lasted at least 30min (ingame time) after the player drop
  4. Try to watch the recorded game after it.
1 Like

The issue persists. In our game the match recorded only until first player resigned.

Still experiencing this glitch. Very frustrating for watching good FFA replays.

Please find the reply of one of the developers here:

Disregard the right button thing. I asked about the replays issue to a developer in this thread and he responded to it.