Regarding Nomad being an entirely separate game mode that should not be inside the standard starts random script map queue. Among other complaints - petition poll

It is not a poll, it is a petition, and it is listed as such in the thread opening listing.

You canā€™t make this up. xD

3 Likes

Because itā€™s a petition.

Your poll was insulting and mocking the entire thread.
And your silencing of the petition is exactly what youā€™re saying Iā€™m afraid of.

And your poll is insulting all the people who disagree with you, but arenā€™t allowed to easily vote because of your petition. Iā€™m not trying to silence your petition. Iā€™m trying to turn it into a fair poll, so that it can be conclusively shown that people donā€™t agree with you, but you donā€™t seem to want that, and would rather stick with an unfair format.

2 Likes

People who disagree are well and able to comment in the thread. They are not being silenced or ignored, in fact Iā€™ve been very active in replying.

And again, it is not a vote, itā€™s a petition.
Those who disagree are well and able to heart the comment just below the main post.
The numbers between the original post vs the hearted comment were looking very similar before the petition was silenced.

So why bother with a petition? If people agree, they can just like your post.

Yes, but your position doesnā€™t change. You are just trying to enforce your view.

Yes, but not everyone likes my post, and you voted on your own petition thing, so those numbers arenā€™t totally accurate. It you added a fair poll instead of your position, I think that would simplify things a lot.

2 Likes

My opinion has been grown over quite a few months about this topic. Of course it will be hard to sway, especially when I keep seeing things that support it.
However, it is not set in stone, and never will be. I will always attempt to improve on the opinion to match what I see and think is correct, and if I have a flaw, I will fix it as well as read and think about what others say.

You are right, I do vote in my own polls, because itā€™s better that one person already is there for someone to join in rather than have the next person be the first and possibly lose supporters due to lack of peer support.
Thatā€™s also why I said there were 3 votes ā€˜lostā€™ and not 4. I didnā€™t count my own vote in that number.

Yes, I could turn it into a fair ā€˜pollā€™ with more than one answer, unlike the current petition, but I feel it to be detrimental, because most active forum users currently are pro-nomad. While most 1 vs 1 standard players that are anti-nomad being in the standard queue are the ones that only pop by for the casual map vote.

I know this because the regular forum users that vote the most often successfully vote in nomad when there are fewer voters. However when there are more voters nomad drops like a hard rock in a river.

@TheConqueror753

So basically it comes back to the fact that we need to make voting an in-game thing? That really seems the only way to settle it.

Pretty much, Iā€™m in full support of that.

Also, if you were to distill why you are leading the anti-nomad in the map pool crusade into 1 sentence, what would it be? Would it be something along the lines: ā€œI play worse on nomad than on other maps, so Iā€™ve lost elo there, and donā€™t like it being in the standard map pool.ā€?

I donā€™t believe, through personal experience, that nomad and standard play elo transfers in a 1:1 ratio.

Nomad has a different start, and a different early game, and a different meta, but after a point it becomes a fairly standard game though. Also, random question: Have you watched any of the Wandering Warriors cup games?

I have not, feel free to link them here?

Just go to YouTube, and T90Official, the best games are uploaded there. To be honest, thinking of that now, I might support your idea of Nomad as a separate ranked queue, as long as I can queue for regular maps at the same time as nomad AND they added all the Wandering Warriors Cup maps into the game as extra Nomad maps for the queue. I recommend watching the Map Pack video as a priority to better understand my change of mind.
@HealFortress, pinging you the same reason you ping me due to edits.

1 Like

Regarding the middle/endgame becoming fairly standard after a bit, the same may be said about the death match endgame, it leads into a rather normal boom after a bit to keep up with everything if both sides keep up resistance properly.

True, but I donā€™t like Deathmatch. You have your thing about the standard start, I have mine about standard starting age and stuff. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m not a fan of Empire Wars or DM typically.

You keep bringing this up, and others keep bringing up that Nomad is the third most played map in teamgames (after Arabia and Arena). It is even played more than Black Forest, despite Black Forest always being in the map pool and Nomad not. Additionally, MegaRandom is (I believe) the fifth most played map in the teamgame pool. This means that Nomad and other maps you think shouldnā€™t be in the map pool are quite often starred and quite rarely banned by players. Therefore, if everyone would vote, these maps would still get voted in.

The 1v1 numbers are a bit lower, but still quite high.

1 Like

Nomad is a popular game mode, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not.
I personally believe it deserves its own elo, which would also mean separating it from the standard queue.

Some people will take that as me despising nomad and hoping it burns, itā€™s not; I want for game modes to have their own elos and their own queue or ranked lobby system apart from one another to sort them out and allow for a healthy elo system in each mode. Contrastly I would also love the second queue to be turned into a party queue with many different modes for friends to throw themselves into for fun, I think exotic is a wonderful spice. But for consistent elos I feel that the main queue should remain a single game mode, and for the sake of a healthy queue in terms of queue times that they be limited to 2 queues and a ranked lobby system. 1st queue being standard, 2nd queue being many modes, and ranked lobby system to narrow down those modes.

People like nomad for variety, like megarandom. Pros having fun in a 4v4? Itā€™ll be nomad usually, maybe megarandom. No one agrees with you

1 Like

Many people like different game modes for variety, me included; however, that does not mean mixing the main first standard only queue with separate game modes that do not trade elo at 1:1 ratios.

For instance, I wouldnā€™t want a nomad only queue to suddenly be dirtied with standard mode play.
Because, again, their elo does not trade 1:1.