Regular Crashing On Lan Games At 30 Minute Mark

Hi there,
My dad an I recently started playing AoE2DE. Everything was going great until all of the sudden our games started crashing around the 30 minute mark. One computer will crash, and then seconds later, the other computer will crash. This happens EVERY game we play together. We aren’t sure what the issue is, so we were hoping we could perhaps get some help from others on this forum.

A few things to note:
-Hardware is not an issue, we’re playing on beefed up gaming computers.
-I play on a mobile hotspot because our internet is sometimes bad with both of us on. My dad plays on the wifi. So technically we aren’t even playing “lan” because we both are on different connections.
-This issue DOES NOT happen when I play by myself, without him. However, it happens every time we both play together.
-We bought the game on Xbox game pass, and have since canceled game pass. We don’t think this is the issue, but we thought we would mention it anyways.
-We used the same Microsoft account to install the one copy of the game onto both of our computers.

At this point, we don’t know what the issue is. We find it bizarre that both of our games are crashing at the exact same time almost routinely at the 30 minute mark.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacob

Hi, welcome.

Both players should own the game on their own account. That’s the problem. Still reasonable they allow you to have 30 minutes of fun together although the frustrating kind of fun.

Maybe your dad can help further with getting your own copy.

I don’t think that’s the case though because we played for a few weeks before this started happening.

They might just have added this to August release or enabled it again. At least it is the logical explanation if nothing else has changed since then.

Okay I might try that. Does anyone else have any suggestions before I go buy another copy?

While we have the same copy, we play on different accounts. I don’t know if that would make a difference or not.

If you play on different (MS) accounts and the game launches then probably you are already licensed for two copies. But I’m not familiar with the Xbox Gaming Pass and how additional purchases work, so I hope someone else clears up a few things.

Just bought another copy. We’ll let you know how it goes! Thank you for your help!

Ended up buying another copy of the game, and so far that has been the fix! We’ve played two games now and neither crashed. Thanks for all the help!