Relic fails to learn from past mistakes

I just want to point out that some forums for games complain that patches / updates aren’t enough, and at times create their own problems. Here it appears that we have a hard time even hearing from our developers, let alone getting patches that are reasonably expected in reasonable time. The DEVs have gone AWOL. RELIC has destroyed themselves in previous games because they didn’t take their community into account in development. Here they claim to “hear us” but response and action are lackluster and limited. The company has proven to the community that they don’t learn from their mistakes, and Microsoft would be smart not the produce another game with them.

6 Likes

OK, I got it, please tell me again after I have a cup of coffee on New Year’s Day in 2023。I will treat you to espresso in 2024。Then we talk about 2025, what do we drink while we talk about the update patch

Inked29a320405d3d5669250fc3c96 分c453f1449f6515f_LI

2 Likes

I think some are missing on the fact that Relic is first and foremost a part of SEGA (literally the owner). They are obligated to satisfy their needs and AoE4 was nothing more than an outsourced project.
They will always focus on CoH3 more, because that’s their priority.
Whatever happens between Relic and Microsoft is actually between SEGA and Microsoft.

1 Like

For me its like where are the hotfixes? features are great but they need to fix the bugs first and foremost.

2 Likes

Okay, regardless however, Microsoft still maintains the authority to choose either or not they utilize them (regardless of the fact they are owned by Sega or not) in future installments. Seeing how their performance thus far has less then met expectations, my point still stands.

1 Like

I don’t disagree at all

I love how they just announce ranked beta in a month or so…lol
This ■■■■ should have been in on day 1 man!!! THIS IS A RTS GAME. HOW DID YOU NOT HAVE RANKED PLAY ON DAY ONE AND THINK THIS IS GOING TO BE SOME GREAT ESPORT TITLE???

This is clearly a case of a game that released half done and now trying to pick up the pieces afterwards. I think I saw on the most recent tournament for this game they had to boycot mongrols because of imbalance and use map codes to generate fair maps for the players.
LOL and this is to be a great esport title? Come on man

I am already done whit this game and its series, going to play the settlers insted.

Game more interessing and made way bether.

You can even build and upgrade roads, that boost speed of the units who use it., and not just a decoration like age of empire 4.

Let’s be honest this game should have never been released in 2021…
With lots of hard work, COMMUNICATION with the fanbase, maybe in 2023, if even…

I’m glad I didn’t buy it but only tested it in Xbox game pass for 1€.
I love aoe1,2,3, but AOE4 is a piece of ■■■■.

2 Likes