Relic/MS failed Dow3 and AoE-DE, Trust issues for AoE4

Relic/MS failed Dow3 and AoE-DE, Trust issues for AoE4.

Relic Entertainment released a game with much less content than previous titles:
Like 3 factions instead of 4. Only 1 game mod and maybe 10 maps.
The game looked like it was designed to deliver later on everything with DLCs,
so no wonder people didn’t want to pay for it.

More content was promised, but they never delivered and is now official dead.

OK who cares ? They did just rush the trash game to make Age of Empires. But here is the real beef.

10 fps by Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, for real ? That’s a 20 year old game, how can it be possible to redesign it, so it doesn’t even work properly on modern day computers.

So will AoE4 be not working and abandoned like this recent games too ?

@Huge5000RTSFan said:

10 fps by Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, for real ? That’s a 20 year old game, how can it be possible to redesign it, so it doesn’t even work properly on modern day computers.

that’s when you zoom out to see the whole map in once screen or something, not like in normal view.

+30 FPS is playable

Okay, let’s clear one thing up first.

Relic had nothing to do with AoE:DE.

Forgotten Empires is the developer of AoE:DE. One of the FE devs, richg, said they are working to improve frame rates with zoom. A fix will likely present at launch or soon after.

It was **not **Relic/MS, it was Relic/SEGA doing DOW3…

btw I like Relic stopping DOW for Age4 :wink:

Haters gonna hate.

@arapiCOMMANDER said:
It was **not **Relic/MS, it was Relic/SEGA doing DOW3…

btw I like Relic stopping DOW for Age4 :wink:

Yeah, SEGA has a bit more experience with RTS than Microsoft at this point… you forget that Microsoft made the original decision to close Ensemble Studios, and they also had their own Age of Empires Online shut down after it didn’t live up to their expectations… I expect Age of Empires IV will similarly flop, especially since I have no faith that Relic will be able to make an adequate game. Just check their twitter - they’ve been desperately asking for programmers and designers for the last few months. My bet? They’re screwed, they don’t have the talent to make the game and the game will end up being trash.

It just weird, according to the steam spy game DoW3 sold at least half million copies.
And they say “sorry we sold not enough, we won’t deliver promised content, and we shut it down”
Waht? Waht? In my opinion lot of people would feel simply betrayed, even if they did buy it at 50% discount.
http://steamspy.com/app/285190

There is a proverb
“Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.”

Microsoft is a company with lots of money, anyway did shut down AoE Online, because it was too expensive for them to keep the servers. Now we have a developer that does overestimate own abilities or even worse does simply lie to people.

Age of Empires 4, might simply end up with same or worse fate. OK its common these days to deliver later the actual game, but say we do only if we sold X numbers, might lead to people not buy this X numbers.

@Huge5000RTSFan Half a million copies is not much at all, actually, at least for a AAA game. That’s merely a tenth of what AoE II: HD has sold on Steam.

Since Bill Gates promised to look into new AOE versions, we all know that money is not an issue anymore.

Since MS has heavily invested in their Azure cloud, we know that cheap server instances and costs of maintenance are not a problem anymore, at least not for MS proprietary.

Since GFWL and it’s shutdown which was the reason for AOE Online to die, they have learned a lot from that mistake. If they take enough time to develop and beta AOE IV then I don’t worry at all for the final result. In the meanwhile people can warm up by playing the DE versions.

Finally AOE IV will not be released before all DE versions are finished which probably will take a few more years in current pace.

So what are all these rants about? Nothing seriously actually except negative speculations of haters or maybe even competitors? Also they will not release it to Steam. Never ever, read my lips.

@PCS70 said:

Finally AOE IV will not be released before all DE versions are finished which probably will take a few more years in current pace.

False, you are making assumptions when they clearly said they will not hold back AOE4 for any of the DE’s.
On the other hand, they haven’t said anything yet about not releasing on Steam. You are just speculating yourself.

@IamDalv Don’t we all? :wink:

Just be certain to take a moment for quiet reflection on how one day we will look back nostalgically on the days we had nothing to argue about except our own preconceived expectations of the game. Once we actually know things, whatever those things are and no matter how good those things look, there will be plenty of self-satisfied I-told-you-so posters.

Right now, Age of Empires 4 is simply a vessel in which we pour our hopes and dreams. Once it moves from hypothetical to real, the real flames burn. Someone’s going to be angry. And they’re gonna get loud.

Dont just go assuming stuff people until you hear from official people. For example, does god exist? The answer is no, until it has been proven. Simple as that.

@NormChanger said:
Dont just go assuming stuff people until you hear from official people. For example, does god exist? The answer is no, until it has been proven. Simple as that.

Same for you buddy. Its Valentine time, be happy.

@Augustusman said:

@NormChanger said:

Sure. Happy valentine day to you too. Maybe. If you are into those things. Because i am not.

@NormChanger said:

@Augustusman said:

@NormChanger said:

Sure. Happy valentine day to you too. Maybe. If you are into those things. Because i am not.

Is just a game, isn’t real personal life, I can understand if you were an employed.
Even I haven’t an idea why you just reacted by this way.