Remember... AoE and it's awesome cheat codes

@DRNKNNidhoeggr said:
When i played AoE the first few years, i had no internet so there was no way to know about those cheat codes… remember this code for the baby with the shotgun? You can type in some silly things, it just has to contain “pow” in it… i randomly found out about that so i hoaxed some friends of mine… i told them that you can type just some letters and it will work… i typed like yastwtpowwginbjgar and if they tried to type something in it never worked… this was so funny and it took them long time to find out… first they believed that I’m some kind of hacker :smiley:

Do you remember all those codes without google?
i just remember: bigdaddy, pow, e=mc2trooper, stormbilly and pepperoni pizza

Do you think they will add those codes to the definitive edition? Maybe they’ll add something new too :slight_smile:

You can post any suggestions for new cheats here if you want, i’ll love to see what you come up with.

My idea would be something from other games like Age of Mythology… “Oh, my enemy is about to win the game”… “oh, where are those fire giants coming from?” xD

I hope so. Would be pretty awesome ^^, as an Easter-egg or something similar.

COINAGE
COINAGE
COINAGE

give me some golddddd

When you discovered that copy and paste worked in the chat box, and you learnt how to expertly do the enter-enter ctrl+v enter-enter ctrl+v enter-enter

My favorites were stormbilly, convert this! and big bertha

I love AoE2 so definitely remember most of these:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/63605-age-of-empires-ii-the-age-of-kings/cheats

I would copy paste, “how do you turn this on” until I had a whole army of cars. Then I would see how quickly I could wipe out the enemy to win the game. :smiley:

i played ranked matchs and had to deal with cheaters and cheating if we ever saw vbigdaddyv typed in game it was all out war

some codes not mentioned gaia, diediedie, killx, killx would make any player 1-8 explode and die instantly , diediedie made every one in the game die. their were speed hacks in rated which made the game end in 1 minute instead of waiting 4 minutes on the game clock for people trying to boost scores also lots of macroing

bigdaddy was the boss!!!

Never used them. I’m no fan of cheating at all.