Remember... AoE and it's awesome cheat codes

When i played AoE the first few years, i had no internet so there was no way to know about those cheat codes… remember this code for the baby with the shotgun? You can type in some silly things, it just has to contain “pow” in it… i randomly found out about that so i hoaxed some friends of mine… i told them that you can type just some letters and it will work… i typed like yastwtpowwginbjgar and if they tried to type something in it never worked… this was so funny and it took them long time to find out… first they believed that I’m some kind of hacker :smiley:

Do you remember all those codes without google?
i just remember: bigdaddy, pow, e=mc2trooper, stormbilly and pepperoni pizza

Do you think they will add those codes to the definitive edition? Maybe they’ll add something new too :slight_smile:

You can post any suggestions for new cheats here if you want, i’ll love to see what you come up with.

My idea would be something from other games like Age of Mythology… “Oh, my enemy is about to win the game”… “oh, where are those fire giants coming from?” xD

Woodstock, pepperoni pizza, coinage, quarry, no fog, reveal map and my favorite: steroids :smiley:

YES! Do you think those get a remake too? :smiley:

Yeah, I posted a list of them a while back :slight_smile: Got em all in my brain now, I think. I hope they get remade, too.

Pow was the baby on a trike with a bazooka right? Good times.
Bit unfair though ;p

pow pow pow pow pow… and a bigmomma for variety hahahaha

I used to use Pow, E=mc2trooper, steroids and no fog all the time. :slight_smile:

Medusa! Honestly the best, and first time I tried it…

bigdaddy, big momma, icbm (or something, 99 range to your Ballista) , convert this! … funny to play with my brother xD

Without going to all the trouble of listing my favorites, which are many, this link says it all:

https://gamefaqs.com/pc/90380-age-of-empires/cheats

Can you think of any others not mentioned in link above?

They replaced the dragon cheatcode with the dog in aoe 2 hd didnt they?

I remember just about all except one that was supposed to make chariots very fast.
woodstock, pepperoni pizza, coinage, quarry, medusa, steroids, bigdaddy, big momma, pow, stormbilly, king arthur, dark rain, photon man, e=mc2trooper, icbm, big bertha, jackbenimble, homerun, hoyohoyo, flying dutchman, kill(player#), diediedie, gaia, harikari, no fog, reveal map

Edit : The black rider, resign and upsidflintmobile I forgot.

@DRNKNNidhoeggr said:
When i played AoE the first few years, i had no internet so there was no way to know about those cheat codes… remember this code for the baby with the shotgun? You can type in some silly things, it just has to contain “pow” in it… i randomly found out about that so i hoaxed some friends of mine… i told them that you can type just some letters and it will work… i typed like yastwtpowwginbjgar and if they tried to type something in it never worked… this was so funny and it took them long time to find out… first they believed that I’m some kind of hacker :smiley:

Do you remember all those codes without google?

I remember these: Convert this!(Priest that attacks with lightning), Bigdaddy (Missile Car), pig pow momma( Baby with gun in a cart), stormbilly (A Robot) and e=MC2 Trooper (Nuke Man)

My favorite was the Bigdaddy

I remember U R Winner. But that’s for AoE2

I forgot the convert this! cheat ;p And you could convert them as well ironically

I wonder when people will start to see the difference between it’s and its again…

@Fetandrey said:
I wonder when people will start to see the difference between it’s and its again…

Grammar guy here :slight_smile:

For those wondering what is the difference: click me!

It is hard to understand if english isn’t your native language.

My favorite way to cheat was:
Tiny map
8 players: 7 Hardest CPU’s vs me
Iron Age
High resources
Inland map type.

Build walls around my Town Center in the corner,
Photon Man about 10 times
Steroids .

All ■■■■ breaks loose. I eventually got a bunch of e-mc2 troopers attacking ground on the land bridges so that anyone walking over would get nuked on the way, but some still got through. Under these conditions, even BigDaddys don’t stand a chance.

The challenge: Survive with as few photon men as possible. They die fast

POW. Just create group of those units and everything is wiped down.