Remember me, AoEIV will be a bestseller

The AOE2 players that have been keeping the franchise alive for the past 20 years are probably the reason this game even exists. It’s a weird take to say they are the biggest issue.

What does zoom have to do with 3D? There are plenty of 3D RTS games where you can zoom out to the stratosphere.

Not going to get into how AOE4 is similar or different from AOE2 as it’s probably against the NDA. I’ll just say that the more AOE4 learns from AOE2, and improves on it, the better. If people don’t like the best AOE game made then why are they even interested in playing a sequel? There are plenty of RTS games out there that are nothing like AOE2. They are all dead, but they are there.

7 Likes

No it doesn’t, it has units manning the siege engines and the units are scaled properly with regards to buildings. (just kidding)

1 Like

I know of several who are not very attracted to AoE 2 and love AoE4 for other reasons.

I know what some of the forum refer to, since there is a sector that is very very fanatical of AoE II (I am not referring to you, who looks very fan and you give your opinion that it is the best AoE) that really does not interest them let no new AoE really go on sale and they’ll want to try to make the IV look bad. They are not a vast majority, but they are several.

Edit: Those who have maintained, not the AoE saga, but the AoE II, have been their fans, that is true, but they will not be so fundamental in their positive reviews and yes in their negative reviews for the franchise to advance.

1 Like

Ok so lets maybe zoom it out a little bit more , and I hope everyone would be more happy.How about Supreme Commander level of zoom ;].

I was just saying that AGE2 in 2D will always be different games , compare to AGE4 in 3D.I also want to have zoom level , as in Supreme Commander game whcih I love it so much ;].I also know that during the beta gameplay of AGE4 , I didnt have that much problem with the zoom level , but maybe you are right , and the zoom level should be a little bit more higher.

Most players that play all the time in AGE2 , I think will skip AGE4 .AGE4 is made for a new generation players, and Im ok with that.

1 Like

I’ll be fascinated to hear you expand on these reasons, assuming it doesn’t force you to break the NDA. I can understand why some people today won’t be attracted to AOE2 due to how antiquated it is, certainly people who didn’t grow up on it will find it jarring. That’s why AOE4 should maintain the gameplay and enhance it.

Devs have been trying to reinvent the wheel and it almost always fails (Dawn of war 2/3, C&C4). You’ve got a formula your fanbase loves, why mess with it? Especially in a genre that’s practically dead. If they maintain the same number of players as AOE2 a year from now then it’s a huge success. I don’t know how you reach those numbers without the AOE2 fanbase.

When I say AOE2 is the best AOE I am not including AOE4, even if there was no NDA I couldn’t compare AOE2 to AOE4 until I play the complete product. So not including AOE4, I think it’s undisputed that AOE2 is the best AOE.

i tend to agree…IF there are a couple of things that come to fruition.

1. If there are regular additions of civs that offer variety of strategy
  2. If relic supports the game and content creators effectively

Imho…it is a superior game to aoe2. It lends to Esports demands better…in that its graphically more pleasing. And some other reasons that may or may not be still under NDA protection, so i won’t mention here. Suffice it to say, the eons that have passed since it was announced were not wasted.

It was good enough to make me consider coming off a 15 year hiatus to return to competitive play…and for a man with a schedule like mine, that says alot :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yes yes. “issues”.
at least they played game for 20 years and they understand what keeps game alive.
Not like others who will play 2 months and drop the game.

2 Likes

I totally agreed! 20 characters

1 Like

Remember this.I never like AGE2 that much , and I love AGE4 very much.So how many people from AGE2 , will be playing AGE4 ? ;].

1 Like

its a complete unknown.
only the open beta and launch date will tell.

2 Likes

We’ve been waiting four years yet October 28th seems like such a long way away.

I’ll probably buy it just to support the Age franchise, in hopes of getting an AOM:DE.

2 Likes

im already imagining it. the trailer would begin with the sound of waves crashing on a beach and then “arkantos awaken!:flushed:

What the hell is this game in that 1st picture looks insanely good.

ah,I liked the construction of decks and batch training of aoe 3 and I’d like to see it in aoe 4…

1 Like

They linked it in an earlier post.

yes,if by them fails aoe 4…goodbye aoe for the next 10-15 years…

AOM DE confirmed xd…

Sparta:Definitive Edition…

wtf is that question?
People who most wanted a game is funs for aoe franchise. Is not it logical?

But who will continue to play - depends on “what game it will be in the end”. For now it’s NDA to discuss.